New Game Parallel

Greetings. I am from the Parallel World and my Steam page is online. Check it out. And don’t forget to put the game in your Wishlist, if you like of course.

Have a nice day my friend.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1388350

More links:

Facebook: Parallel
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gameparallel
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ThegameParallel
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgslx2GT1ywA8kAOZjBQFYg

maincapsule.jpg

5 Likes

Guys, I have more images of the game Parallel to show, do not forget to give that help on social networks and especially to add to the Steam wish list, it helps a lot. As soon as I finish some important parts of the game, I will bring an introduction and gameplay video because the crowd has been asking a lot. The game is made for you and I’m dedicating myself a lot, day and night. Thank you all.

2 Likes

As a passionated player of Shadows Of Kepler I am a bit confused rn. If I got it right you are part of the SoK development team so why isn`t your focus laid on that game? If this means SoK is dead then I am a bit overwhelmed tbh.
Anyways, the game looks good. I look forward to see more so keep up the nice work!

Hi. Good question. In Shadows of Kepler we were a team with 4 people (me as producer), each one of them with their other responsibilities not related to the game. So the financial and investor part was crucial for us to focus all our forces to that game. With no money I saw myself on a desert, so I decided to start a new game where I not depend of other members to make sure this game will be released, even if there is no investor. I know is a hard, very hard work, but I am working with game development for a long time and I hope I do this for the rest of my life. So for me, there is no doubt that this game soon or later, will be released and I count on your support. When you add the game to the Steam Wish list, it helps a lot.

I am working a lot on the YouTube Game Channel, the feedback is really important to me.

If some investor come to save Shadows of Kepler. I am the first one to go back and fight for that game. You know, developing games is my passion, specially with a team.

Thanks for your message.

Hi. The community of the YouTube channel is helping me a lot. They were asking for a Gameplay video, so here it is. The first Gameplay of the game Parallel (Pre-Alpha) This is a solo project, as always, any comment is very important to me. Thanks.

2 Likes

Greetings. In this video I talk a little about my gaming experience and how I am adjusting the game Parallel, bringing some news of the Gameplay. What do you think about the project and the way I think about the games?

2 Likes

Guys, I prepared a video about creating games. I hope to help and encourage many people with this.
#unrealdev

2 Likes

Some more images of the game I am producing. On YT I’m bringing some videos about development too, I hope you like it. Thanks guys.
#videogames #gaming

1 Like

Hey guys. I made a video about the biggest challenge in the production of the game Parallel, where I also show how the Game Menu is getting. Sorry for not being able to always make a video in English, but I did the subtitles.

2 Likes

Looks interesting. Do. you need non humanoid Creatures? I can create, Rig and Animate those.

Not now, keep in contact. Thanks.

Guys. I’m bringing a video about the 3 pillars of the game developer. Sorry for not being able to always make a video in English, but I did the subtitles. I hope to help other developers and people who want to enter the game development world. Thank you all so much for the support.

[youtube]Os 3 PILARES para o desenvolvedor de jogos. Como o jogo Parallel se beneficia disso? - YouTube

2 Likes

Immersion in game development.
As I always say, immersion goes far beyond graphics. Having the best graphics does not mean having immersion. The immersion I speak is like entering a castle of terror, because it brings you emotions, good or bad. It is immersion that holds the player in the game. It’s like not wanting to go out to eat, or do anything else, you just forget that you’re playing a game. Everything is connected in the setting and theme. If this set of quality adds to the multiple challenges proposed in the game, you already have a big difference, just look at the number of games that are repetitive. Things that take us out of the reality of everyday life, are more likely to cause us emotions. Immersion is emotion. As I always say, if the game doesn’t bring you emotions, for me it’s not a good game. This is noticeable in the first 5 minutes of the game. If you are developing a game, take this test, film the friends or parents who are going to play your game first. Study their reaction. See if your game is being very specific for a single niche of people, if that happens, sometimes it is better to dose your theme a little so that the game is not so restricted. This does not mean that you will lose the essence of your game, just that you will add elements that will attract a larger audience and generate more elements to complement your game immersion. Never forget to attract people by immersion, using art and challenges as the main elements of your game.

To find out more about the game I’m producing, check out the trailer on YouTube and if you can like or subscribe, I’ll be very grateful for your support. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi. I started to create some art poster for the game. You also can buy it on ArtStation, there are 4 options for the print, take a look. This is the second image I create in a very high resolution (5400px)

With your support, I will continue working very hard on the game Parallel. Thanks.

2 Likes

Today I want to talk about a trend. The long life of the games and the difficulty in creating new IPs.

It is not of today that we see several single player titles being re-released, with graphic improvements. This is in line with the large number of fans who buy the game again, just to have a better texture or a new reflection. This also gives scope and new visibility for players who have never played the title. This is a strategy that has been working.

Other titles constantly gain new players because they are free games and have constant updates that are practically infinite, which always make the game stand out, feeding a faithful and disciplined community.

With so many titles, of great renown, a rain of indies games, usually niche games, appears on the other side, but it has the characteristic of not being stuck in any pattern, they are 2D games, single player, 3D, multiplayer etc. And that has created the interest of the big developers, it seems that using the name Indie has become something valuable for them. So we see games with an extremely high investment being called Indies. And that includes marketing, which is a monster, which often comes from a large publisher behind it.

Concluding my reasoning, if you have a good project, but do not have contacts or tools that can leverage your game, it is unlikely to be successful, as it will dissolve in the hundreds of IPs out there. Unless you are a famous Youtuber, then you have already walked 50% of the way to success, as people will buy the game for you and not for the game itself. In other words, it is more and more difficult to create new IPs, the great titles are there, practically eternized and will be fed by the big publishers until there is no more drop of money to be taken from there.

This is a new image of Parallel, who can add the game to the Steam wish list, helps a lot

Steam: Parallel on Steam
YouTube: www.youtube.com/parallel-game
Facebook: Redirecting...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThegameParallel
Instagram: Login • Instagram

1 Like

How to increase the creativity of the game developer?

Throughout my 20 years working with art, I have always found myself in the need to seek new sources of inspiration, whether for a personal or professional job. One of the best ways to increase your creativity is to collect images and references from other artists on a daily basis. Every year I create a reference folder on my computer, collect everything I like and that can inspire me in future projects. The first page of your browser must be a portal for artists’ works, that is, there is no escape, daily I am bombarded with images and magnificent works, which only contribute to my creativity and perfectionism.

I believe that this is the minimum. Watching movies, being extremely curious, playing different types of games, drawing, writing a story, watching documentaries about the universe, mysteries, in short, all this contributes to having more and more references in our minds. Get inspired and use your creativity to create new projects.

To learn more about the game I’m producing, check out the trailer on YouTube and if you can like or subscribe, I’ll be very grateful for your support. Thanks.
#gamedev #gamedesign

1 Like

Hello guys.

Will Parallel have a large area to explore?

This is a great question, after playing some games that were very immersive, I realized that the question of the size of the map is valid for you to explore and discover new places, but it is useless to have a large map with little content.

I believe the size of a game map is irrelevant when it comes to immersion. You can spend hours and hours inside a home, as long as you always have a good challenge or motivation. We then ask this question, what is the player’s motivation? What does he want? Where is he going? If his motivation is to explore a large map, let it be done intelligently, and not to make the player silly, just to gain a few more hours of gameplay.

And the scenario alone, must be “realistic” to the point that the player does not find an invisible wall, saying that he cannot pass through there. Well, invisible walls as far as I know so far do not exist (lol). In other words, the scenario must be done in a very creative way to the point of letting the player go where he wants, without having that feeling that he is walking through a tunnel where all the other players are going to do the same thing. Completely linear games give me the impression that they are films of clicking, walking and attacking, nothing more.

1 Like

With the growth of Parallel, the chances of expanding this universe are greatly increased. I particularly think that the game environment and its proposal fit perfectly into the VR world. You put on your glasses and you definitely forget about the real world. Imagine in a virtual world, you can stroll through a place full of mysteries and meet other characters. Making decisions that can change the story.

Anyone who has played knows how immersive virtual reality is and probably in 2022 we will have the new Playstation VR. What I’m looking for with Parallel is to bring a lot of immersion and not get stuck in just one device. I want to be able to explore infinite forms of interaction, offering a pleasant experience for people, whether on PC, on consoles, on cell phones, VR and so on. I leave here the chance to make possible partnerships so that this will be possible in the near future. Parallel shouldn’t be just on PC, help increase the possibilities of this game by adding it to Steam’s wish list. Thanks.

1 Like

Today I want to talk about a trend. The long life of the games and the difficulty in creating new IPs.

It is not of today that we see several single player titles being re-released, with graphic improvements. This is in line with the large number of fans who buy the game again, just to have a better texture or a new reflection. This also gives scope and new visibility for players who have never played the title. This is a strategy that has been working.

Other titles constantly gain new players because they are free games and have constant updates that are practically infinite, which always make the game stand out, feeding a faithful and disciplined community.

With so many titles, of great renown, a rain of indies games, usually niche games, appears on the other side, but it has the characteristic of not being stuck in any pattern, they are 2D games, single player, 3D, multiplayer etc. And that has created the interest of the big developers, it seems that using the name Indie has become something valuable for them. So we see games with an extremely high investment being called Indies. And that includes marketing, which is a monster, which often comes from a large publisher behind it.

Concluding my reasoning, if you have a good project, but do not have contacts or tools that can leverage your game, it is unlikely to be successful, as it will dissolve in the hundreds of IPs out there. Unless you are a famous Youtuber, then you have already walked 50% of the way to success, as people will buy the game for you and not for the game itself. In other words, it is more and more difficult to create new IPs, the great titles are there, practically eternized and will be fed by the big publishers until there is no more drop of money to be taken from there.

This is a new image of Parallel, who can add the game to the Steam wish list, helps a lot

Hi @banzato,

I agree with your statements and the realization of this situation can be discouraging. This World of Games we live in now is going to require Game Devs to get creative with marketing and distribution.

This is why we’re planning our strategy around a Paid-2-Play distribution model. That’s right, we’re going to pay Players to play our games. It worked for Google.

1 Like

What to expect from next generation games?

Whenever I think of the term “new generation”, I think of new graphics, a new technology, but also something different, unique, which also brings that nostalgia of games I’ve played in the past.

When I think about a franchise (game), I automatically think about the environment, the story and the game mechanics. I’m tired of seeing a lot of re-releases of old games just in a new guise. Bringing nothing, absolutely nothing new, just improving a texture there or here, or an extra reflection. No, this is not a new generation for me, it can even use a new technology, but the experience for me is the same, it doesn’t bring me anything new.

To bring something new, it is necessary to innovate, create a new narrative, a new story, new graphics, new challenges, new mechanics, and all that, without losing the essence of the franchise. Why not create a new franchise game instead of just thinking about the money? After all, it’s easier to upgrade the game and sell it again, isn’t it? (This is the investor’s thinking, which is not always the same as the developer’s, we live in a profit-making machine, where everyone is connected around one thing, money, power, marketing)

Parallel, brings with it several references that have already been explored in other games, but with this perspective, to bring something new, a new world. That’s what I want to see in the new generation, new franchises, rich in content. With the great attention of the market for competitive games (Esports), we are increasingly orphaned from games rich in history and essence. But I believe a lot in the niche of players who are willing to invest in well-designed games with a lot of immersion, even if it takes a few hours, but in the end they make all the difference. I’m counting on you to help me on this mission.

1 Like

I woke up from a dream and wrote down the idea.
I don’t know about you, but have you ever imagined making your dream part of your creation? You have some dream and when you wake up you say… I need to create it. We often forget about dreams in a few minutes or hours as they are stored in a quick memory of our mind. One tip is to write down on paper the dream you had so you can remember it. I believe that the emotion a dream can cause can be a strong inspiration factor.
It’s a unique feeling for an artist who is always creating. I myself have written down many dreams, which I apply in my projects. Sleeping thinking about ideas is also a great way to feed your mind for a good night’s sleep. H.R.Giger himself, the creator of Alien, said that he drew his dreams. So, enjoy the imagination, not only of everyday life, but of dreams, the moment where we can collect everything we see and know from the real world and put that idea into practice through dreams. Get inspired.

Steam: Parallel on Steam
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/parallel-game
Facebook: Redirecting...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThegameParallel
Instagram: Login • Instagram

1 Like