New Cinematic DOF Pixelated Outlines Issue

The new DOF looks amazing in many cases, but when viewing strong DOF at 4K resolution, these issues are very visible, taking away from what might be a high quality still. The problem is less noticeable on lower resolutions / less extreme DOF settings. Circle DOF had some consistent artifacts but they stayed at a similar strength through most resolutions. Would love to see a more expensive DOF setting for rendering cinematics or stills for promotion.

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Well that was embarrassing… I’ve landed multiple fixes into 4.20. Thanks for spending the time to dog food our release preview! Always valuable!

Thank you so much! The DOF is stunning in many cases, so glad to hear there are new fixes on the way for these issues! It’s a big improvement over the old CircleDOF, instant eye candy.

The latest hotfix is incredible, fixed all of the issues as far as I can see. The new DOF looks incredible, a massive improvement to CircleDOF! Thanks for getting this patched up so quickly, and great work!

UE 4.20 preview 4 is actually missing 9 fixes for DOF. Github build will be better to date to test DOF.

Oh wow! I’ll be sure to test when the full release rolls out! In love with how this new DOF reacts to lights / highlights out of focus!

In what version is this? Im running 4.20.2 currently and having these issues, how did you solve this? Are you running 4.21? Or later?