Never Received an Email to Setup My HyperWallet Account

On May 7th, I entered the info for my tax profile, and that was validated (I see the green checkmark for submitting the interview and the green checkmark shaowing it has been validated. I have now been waiting the past 8 days for my HyperWallet email, so that I can setup my payout account for the Island Creator program. I checked to see if my email went to my spam or junk folder, but I didn’t find it there. Any help that anyone could offer would be greatly apopreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Same problem… Epic, please help us
UPD: got my link 30 mins ago. thanks!

@anonymous_user_6f664e291 Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here: Fortnite Creative

Bug report submitted. Received a response that I would receive an activation email, but the email I received afterwards was not an activation email

I came back to let everyone know that I resolved my issue! As it turns out, there was no email to wait for. Today, I scorlled down to the bottom of the page I had been watching every day - the one with the 5 steps for setting up your account/ As it turns out, at the bottom of that page was my activation link. I clicked it, and I was able to complete my registration.

Many thanks to Stevie-Moon, CrimsonWonder, and others in tech support who did their best to help me. You’re all great peeps, and I’ll mark this one as resolved, once I figure out how to do that. :slight_smile: