Network replication protocol in actors and object

Hi,

For research purposes I would like to create a (“dedicated”) server that my client would connect to. My client would be obviously running UE4. What I want to do is implement my custom network protocol that UE4 can use from the client side to intervene with my server. Essentially everything that is replicated on the client side would run on the backend just like when you have a replicated property on an UE4 dedicated server. (Maybe it gives better explanation if I describe it this way: I would like to create a server that acts like an MMO game server (not login, or auth server but the actual game server that is) retaining state of players and NPC and is able to communicate with the UE4 client.)

I am unaware of how the AActor class implements or the UObject class implements the networking code and haven’t found it in the source code yet nor have I found too much documentation regarding this on the site, its mainly not so low-level.

Can you please give some guidelines on this? Appreciate the input on this as I have been searching for a while.