Network Emulation not working with local listen server and client

Hi,
I want to emulate bad network conditions with “Editor Preferences → Level Editor → Play → Enable Network Emulation”. However, these settings do not seem to affect my players when testing on a local machine, with one player as a listen server and one joining as client.

The hosting is done with the console command “open levelName?listen”, and the client joins with “open 127.0.0.1”.

I have set incoming and outcoming traffic latency to multiple secounds, but the client moves instantly on the server view. Also package loss does not affect the gameplay.

Is there something obvious i am doing wrong? I assume this should work in a localhost environment, and all forum entries i can find on this topic seem to have it working with no issues.

Best regards,
Florian

for anyone looking for this, the settings work fine when starting as a listen server, where the secound player is automatically joining. For bad connections with high ping, this joining process may take a couple of secounds and the joining client will have a black screen while joining. But once connected everything works as expected.

The network emulation settings do not apply when hosting and joining locally with standalone applications and console commands. Here network connections can still be simulated with console commands such as NetEmulation.PktLag or NetEmulation.PktLoss.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.