Need help with possesing in my multiplayer game

Hi, If I interact with a player it runs this event on the player blueprint;

Which then calls this event on my player controller;

Which then calls this event on my game mode

I basically want to respawn a player if they are dead on event interact. But at the moment for some reason it calls the event on all players. So all players unposses their old character and posses a new one.

How can I call this only on the dead player? I hope I explained it good enough, I can give further information if needed.

Perhaps this may be a bit annoying, now that you’ve created your blueprints already. I however believe that you may need to rethink your player setup.

I think the reason for why you are resetting all players is because you are using Get Player Controller and getting the Player Index 0. If you trigger the event CreatePlayer when the players join, you will have a unique ID per player.

With all of the above said, this is not something I am 100% confident in, so take my “solution” with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone else can chime in on the subject, or even better, download the Epic Games Lyra project and view how they have solved this particular issue.

Hey you were indeed right, I wasnt even aware that’s a thing haha. I kind of got a scuffed solution but it works so its good for now, anyway what I did is;

I enabled the spawn players as spectators tick box on my game mode,

And spawned them and set a integer variable on each representing their indexes,

Put a self reference on my respawn event and

Used that index to set which player controller to respawn and it worked pretty much.

Thanks a bunch @EliasWick