The performance of my editor varies greatly when I start my project, even if nothing in my scene changed. The GPU Visualizer doesn’t seem to show any relevant differences between the high-FPS and low-FPS instances, other than “Scene” simply taking longer than it should:
- The ProfileGPU results above are from the exact same scene, but the first time I started it, I got around 22 FPS, the second time around 55.
- I’m not having any issues of this kind when playing games or using other software.
- The FPS don’t recover while the editor is running, I have to restart the project for it to change.
- GPU is an Nvidia GTX 970, driver version 430.39.
- I closed all other applications to make sure they aren’t hogging any resources.
- Currently on UE4.22.
Does anyone know what the empty space in the “Scene” visualization means or how I can fix it?