I am a novice game developer. Currently working on a small game project made by myself. I can deal with graphics, but with coding and blueprints I have some problems. All that I need is to make a simple quest system, nothing too complex. I will try to explain what do I want to make and if someone knows any tutorials, forum threads, tips, pieces of advice I would be very grateful.
P.S. I am making a FP game, not a shooter.
- Player walks to an NPC or other thing like taskboard.
- Finds an available quest, takes it.
- The mission is to find 3 objects: A, B, C.( A HUD displaying these objects for player)
- Player found object A. This object disappears from the HUD.
- Player found all the remaining objects, delivers the, to a certain point, the quest is completed.
- After completion, another quest is unlocked and can be activated.
A good example of what I want is the newly made game Ben The Exorcist, where player needs to find some items in the house and then place them to finish the exorcism process.
I know that I am maybe asking for too much, but I don’t even know where to start or how to start. As I said I can easily make a nice looking map, objects, entities, somehow animate it and so on, but I really need a lot of help in the “coding/blueprint sphere”.