Need help for android

Hmm that sounds like it wasn’t deployed properly to device. Shipping shouldn’t make a difference, but I don’t recommend if since logs won’t be as helpful.

Are you compiling engine, or just using editor from Launcher?

just launcher

do you have some version that is working you can send me over or something

Launcher version does work, at least for most people. Something has gone wrong here, and we are trying to track it down :slight_smile:

At this point, best thing to do is to wipe everything from your phone, and your project’s Saved directory.

It’s possible that during time your SDK was messed up, state of things on your phone went bad, but I don’t really know.

You can get a File Manager program on your phone (like Astro), and delete directories on SD card. Look for your project names in root of SD card, and UE4Game.

i think to remove every think of my pc and start back from zero i think a lot of thinks are messed up but can you tell me more in depth how to setup documentation is not in depth and not up-to-date every time i setup things externally in engine its going wrong i had a lot of issue’s on console to by setting up engine

there is no SD card in my phone

how can i update tadp

all errors on phone are CDO Constructor what is that mean?

Hi,

i have now 4.7.4 from github and i have compiled source but in extra folder there is no android can i install tadp from where launcher is installed?

and a other question do i need to compile source also with development editor and android or only development editor and win64?

Hi,

i have now 4.7.4 from github and i have compiled source but in extra folder there is no android can i install tadp from where launcher is installed?

and a other question do i need to compile source also with development editor and android or only development editor and win64?

It sounds like you already have TADP installed fine. Note that TADP will set some environment variables, so if you clear out paths in your Android SDK settings, it will use environment variables. But, as for why you don’t have an Extra folder, I’m not sure. You can use Launcher one.

If you compile source code, then just compile Development Editor Win64, and Development Android.

im still experiencing problems do i need to compile engine with android or game?

here are logs hope you can find problem
it looks he can’t find all project data and i think descriptor file is the .uproject

link text

when i package game for development and install it on phone then crash when i do it under shipping phone says failed to find descriptor file please help?

Are you still getting CDO error on device?

Yes when i try run game through launch button in editor

any idea how to fix it?

Nope, I have no clue. We’ve seen CDO thing before for some users, and cleaning their Saved and Intermediate/Build directories, in your project or even in Engine, then rebuilding and re-cooking and packaging fixes it…

We haven’t been able to figure out what causes it, however. But since you started from scratch with GitHub build, I am lost. Especially if you create a whole new project, nothing should be left around.

What path didn’t work with a space? We have tested spaces in a lot of places, but maybe we missed something.

ok awesome i have found it there was a space in path