Need help building life scale pyramid

Hi, I’m setting up an egypt scene and I’m kind of lost thinking about creating a real scale pyramid.
I modeled one in maya, but I don’t know how to texture and avoid tiling issues in such a big structure.
I don’t know if I would need to create several lod model, because I need to make it appear real when it is far, and even when you are close, with mesh and texture details and bricks that appear as independent and detailed.
Thanks.

I think first you need to enslave a population, then get a degree in Egyptology because apparently “we don’t know how pyramids were built” and only then can you design the model :stuck_out_tongue:

All joking aside.
It 100% depends on usage.

If you are planning on an assassins creed like game-play where you can visit the pyramid and climb it, then you would have to sculpt and assemble individual parts.

If the pyramid is realistic, then it’s also not a slick plane but a mass of blocks. You would sculpt several blocks and place them together within the editor rotating them so they all appear not to repeat.

If you do that you can use the HLOD system and merging of actors to convert the way the asset is rendered at a distance.

Because you are sculpting a real life object you don’t even have to do the math (which is obviously simple). You can pull the measurements off any Wikipedia or history book of choice. They’ll likely also give you mathematical formulas should you need it.

On the other hand, if the pyramid is slick because you are in ancient times, then you may be better off just playing with the material and creating tiling/macro variations for it.
Personally I would still reduce the size by splitting it up into various pieces so that it can be occluded - but you may not need to depending on what you do onto the material.
At a really far distance you may need to offset the mips so that you still retain some non slick like surface. It really depends on the scene/composition at that point…

Thanks for your help.
I really don’t need to climb the pyramid but visiting it from far to near distance and looks photorealistic.
I made two approachs. I modeled on maya a staired pyramid and tried to attach a texture, but I’m a newbie and the result is really poor. And I used mash to create the bricks onto a plane pyramid. But I don’t know how to texture it properly and put any anisotropic proprieties on the meshes and textures of each block.
Before I continue to a wrong way, I need to be sure what would be the right one.
I’m thinking that maybe I need to divide the pirámide in different parts as long as I’m always looking the upper part for far, and the base levels are the ones that I need to get more detailed when approaching.
In any case I’m lost if I need to get the whole pyramid already made (geometry and texture) from maya before importing it to unreal.
Also I have the drawback that there are room of bricks in the pyramid , so I need to treat them procedural or something like this to get the proper variations.
Thanks again.