Need help about disappear foliage

The foliage objects disappear, by turning the camera. I used a 16 zone world composite, where zones get loaded if the player is near the zone. But unfortunatly a lot of the foliages disappear by turning the camera. This don’t hapen, if the zone/level first get loaded in the editor. But when i start the game with unloaded levels, the issue hapen.

here a link to video, showing the issue: https://www…com/watch?v=acNI3VjBe0g&feature=youtu.be

Hi ,

• Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
  • Are these foliage objects in a sublevel or are they in the persistent level?
  • If they are in a sublevel, how are you calling the sublevel to load? Do you have any portion of your character that may be forcing it to unload?
  • Are you painting these with the foliage tool or are you using procedural foliage volumes?
  • What is your cull distance set to on your foliage assets?

Hi ,

Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
Need to test that in a fresh project. Atm i only can say it occur in the game project i been working at.

Are these foliage objects in a sublevel or are they in the persistent level?
I placed all foliages in the sublevels/zones of the composite world.

If they are in a sublevel, how are you calling the sublevel to load? Do you have any portion of your character that may be forcing it to unload?
each sublevel have 3 LODs, the levels get loaded, if the player reach the streaming distance.

Are you painting these with the foliage tool or are you using procedural foliage volumes?
I used the foliage tools.

What is your cull distance set to on your foliage assets?
These how disappear are set between 2500-8000.

If i load the sublevel in the editor, then the folliages work proper, but when I walk with the player to the next level, what get load if i reach the streamdistance, then the issue hapen in new loaded level. The issue also occure,if only the persistend level is loaded and all sublevels are unload.

The foliages disappear in a axis of 180 degrease, always in the same direction (if i look to south of the map.)

It sounds like the foliage itself is not what is unloading, the sublevels are being unloaded. Make sure that you aren’t accidentally unloading the sublevels with the foliage when you are moving around. If you have any type of sphere/collision objects attached to your character in front of the character, ensure that the collision on the object is not triggering the unload effects if your streamed levels are triggered by collision specifically. Another test would be to ensure that the sublevels are set to “always loaded”. If set to “always loaded”, do you see the same disappearing error?

There is noting add to the player. The sub levels get loaded by streaming distances, setup in the levels.
I can watch the menue level and see that the zone is loaded. There i stay is far away of the next sublevel, so im 100% sure noting get unload. Why it don’t disappear, if the level first got load in editor, but when no level is load in editor the issue occure?

How can i set the sublevels to be “always loaded”?

Ok, find out that the issue only hapen, if no level is load in editor. Now, when i load a level in the editor, and then unload it, everything run well.

Excellent. This means that the error you are seeing is probably more to do with how/when levels are being streamed as opposed to the foliage itself. To fully test this, if you go to the levels browser and RMB one of the sublevels you have in your persistent level, you can set your streaming options through that content browser to “always loaded”. If the error no longer occurs when you do this, then it would be best to alter your level to stream contents in the way you want them to appear.

Hi ,

WE have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with updated information and reproduction steps.