nDisplay UE 4.27. Simple three displays on one host machine setup. So many question.

nDisplay UE 4.27. Simple three displays on one host machine setup. So many questions.

What I’m trying to achieve looks straightforward from my perspective. I have one PC with three connected displays. I want to show three different pictures from three separate cameras. All took full-screen, and only one camera is moving. The rest are stationary. See the picture below.

And I’m trying to solve that with nDisplay, since I suppose there is no other option to draw something multi-display with Unreal? So, here are some questions and I would be really appropriated if someone could explain that to me. Thanks in advance!

1. Question number one and maybe the most important one to figure out the whole story. Are these cluster nodes completely separate processes? Almost like in a multiplayer? And it looks exactly like this, because my code, which works fine in UE editor, starts to behave really differently when is run under nDisplay with Switchport. But widgets were still added to every single viewport, even though I didn’t do anything special for that.
    So, I should use some kind of replication, RPC calls, ClusterNodeEvents/Listeners to manually synchronize my logic?

2. My first approach was to use configuration with one node and several viewports. Something like that:

Screenshot 2022-06-12 193923

But I didn’t find a way to move every viewport to a separate display. Maybe is still possible? What about communication on one node with multiple viewports? Do I still need to do some sort of synchronization?

1. Also I’m using such cameras config in nDisplay config and I’m interested in how to move these cameras from “inside” the config during runtime.

1. When in Unreal, I move my camera with SetViewTargetWithBlend, how does it work internally? Only the Root Component of only one cluster node will move? All these child cameras inside NDC configuration will also move with root, but only on the node where you initiated movement? On all the other nodes nothing will move?

2. Is projection with an orthographic camera in policy even work? Since no matter how I changed Ortho Width, the look from that camera never changed.

3. Also, after some time, I can’t use packaged builds to run from the Switchboard, since freshly packed and launched with Switchboard build now looks and behaves completely different from launching the project “from the editor” also with Switchbord. Why is that?

p.s. maybe I’m overcomplicating things and there is a simpler approach to draw the same scene with three different cameras to three different displays on the same PC?

Hi @dmx_inc,

that’s almost exactly what I need, just for a flight simulator, three screens providing the forward and side views. DId you find a simple solution to set this up with nDisplay?

Thanks & best
Andreas