nDisplay induced stutter

Hi,

I use nDisplay for driving simulator (CAVE-like setups), and our simulation has huge stutter (>300ms ticks) that I can’t explain. The only thing I know is that it’s related to nDisplay, because running the exe as standalone doesn’t show this behavior, neither does running it as master-only on nDisplay. But if any slave is connected, I get huge stuttering. Here’s a profiling done on the master, showing multiple 300ms ticks

Each spike is more or less the same, i.e. every thread is stalling or waiting for something, but I don’t know what. I have no idea what the GameThread “self” is, if it’s just another stall or if something is actually going on in there, and that would be my root issue. I run nDisplay with no swap sync policy.

Due to current Covid restriction, I can’t really get my hands on the hardware to run more tests, so any help would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Bertrand

Please help me with the unreal setup so that when i play a level or build one it should run on CAVE 4 walls (left, right, front & floor). Through NDisplay & Switchboard it just projects on 4 screens but i build it runs only on one screen. Pls help i need to build a Aircraft Wheel Jacking Simulation lesson which will be running in CAVE Environment

Curious to know if you ever figured out a solution to this. I’m working with a 4-projector system right now and am experiencing a similar problem. Not as bad as >300ms, more like ~100-200ms periodically, I have even went as far as using just the basic nDisplay default project and still see the same issue. I am running with 4 different systems that are using Quadro A5000 cards and using the Nvidia render sync policy also.

Al the profiling I have done has lead me to the same place you seem to have been at.

If u Get any solution pls Post here