nDisplay 14 channels on a single desktop setup fail

Hi All,

I’m trying to setup our large CAVE style system which currently drives 14 immersive stereo channels. I’m not familiar with UE4 as we have used Unity up until now but I’d like to make the switch. I would like each cluster node to address a mosaic desktop associated with a GPU. For instance GPU0 is 2800x2100 and renders 4 viewports / camera frustum. If I make a ‘screen’ line in the config file for each frustum then I get 14 screen id’s across the four mosaic desktops, which doesn’t map well to the cluster nodes in that I can’t reference from 4 nodes across to the 14 screens.

This is the example from the nTemplate
#********************************************************************

Here we have 6 cluster nodes. Each application instance renders its

own projection (output display). Master node is on the first PC.

[cluster_node] id=node_1_up addr=192.168.1.1 screen=screen_1_up viewport=vp_1080 port_cs=41001 port_ss=41002 master=true sound=true
[cluster_node] id=node_1_dn addr=192.168.1.1 screen=screen_1_dn viewport=vp_1080
[cluster_node] id=node_2_up addr=192.168.1.2 screen=screen_2_up viewport=vp_1080
[cluster_node] id=node_2_dn addr=192.168.1.2 screen=screen_2_dn viewport=vp_1080
[cluster_node] id=node_3_up addr=192.168.1.3 screen=screen_3_up viewport=vp_1080
[cluster_node] id=node_3_dn addr=192.168.1.3 screen=screen_3_dn viewport=vp_1080
#####################################################################

While I would need something more like#********************************************************************

Here we have 4 cluster nodes, one for each GPU in the system. Each application instance renders its

four channels (output displays). Master node and slaves are all on the same PC.

[cluster_node] id=mosaic_desktop_for_GPU0 addr=127.0.0.1 screen=[what do I put in here to reference the four channels?] viewport=[also there’s four viewports in here] port_cs=41001 port_ss=41002 master=true sound=true
[cluster_node] id=mosaic_desktop_for_GPU1 addr=127.0.0.1 screen=[what do I put in here to reference the four channels?] viewport=[also there’s four viewports in here]
[cluster_node] id=mosaic_desktop_for_GPU2 addr=127.0.0.1 screen=[what do I put in here to reference the four channels?] viewport=[also there’s four viewports in here]
[cluster_node] id=mosaic_desktop_for_GPU3 addr=127.0.0.1 screen=[what do I put in here to reference the four channels?] viewport=[also there’s four viewports in here]

#####################################################################

Can someone give me a pointer please?

Hi all,

i’m having exactly the same problem. I use 6 immersive stereo Channels on one machine with two GPUs and Mosaic. Have tried all kinds of variation on the nDisplay config file, but the perspective still looks distorted. Please let me know if you found an solution.

Big thanks