Please read the first image, then explain the part about “Once enabled results in whole world being navigable.”
WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN:
Navmesh should be “Navigable anywhere in the world”
IT is limited to a specific area, if you scale the navmesh UP too high, then it will not work after a certain distance
I feel that one of the following should be changed:
- The tool tip should not state “entire world”
- I should be told what I am doing wrong with my workflow to get it to work as intended.
- It should be fixed (if the tooltip is correct)?
Steps to reproduce:
1.Generate a 10km x 10km landscape in world machine
- Import the landscape as a single landscape (not tiled) however I heard it also has the same issue in tiled landscapes
- Create navmesh bounds over entire map (zero out the landscape at 0,0,0) Set the navmesh to be 6000,6000,5000
- on scale, also centered at 0,0,0
- Create an AI with a navigation invoker
- Create simple behavior tree to move to a location using “Random Point in Navigable Radius”
- Test at highest point on landscape
- Test at lowest point
- Test at farthest point from 0,0,0
- Test at 0,0,0
- Make sure you are using all the same settings i am using in my pictures below.