Navmesh is not building properly on all the landscape

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem, in UE5.0 EA: on a very large landscape, the navmesh is not building properly; Next I will add a few screenshots of different size variations of the navmeshes on the landscape (yes I have tried other landscapes, different inclinations (with weirder results), very large static meshes, etc):

I found little written documentation about nav meshes, especially something that concerns my issue, but I have tried the following with no success:

Change tile size (didnt make sense but
);
change max simultaneous tile generation;
change tile number hard limit;
change region / layer partitioning method;

One thing there is worth mentioning, I made another landscape with 0 rotation on the Y (unlike the previous) put a very large navmesh on in and it built it UNDER the landscape.

I’ve spent 2 days on this already trying this and that, Unreal Discord couldnt help me this time.
I know I could use a dynamic navmesh with invokers on the AI, but because the AI would need to have a very large detection/movement radius (about 150-200 meters) it would have to have a very large invoker range and it simply tanks performance (i’ve tested it on my ryzen 5 3600 and performance fell from 120 fps to 30-40 while the AI was “chasing” me and generating the navmesh).

So a static navmesh will have to do, but im blocked because of this issue.

Thanks

Hello,

On 5.03, with world partition, I have this kind of issue, even with dynamic navmesh and invokers.

Did you find a solution ? I’m trying to play with parameters but
 Only meshes placed on landscape seem to always be “seen”.

I found out that my landscape was using LOD1 for simple collision. Looks like navmesh doesn’t like it.

2 Likes

Thank you for actually posting your response to your own question it may help someone one day!

Not sure if anyone is still viewing this but I had the same problem and checking ‘fill collision under landscape for navmesh’ worked for me.

1 Like