Native microphone input support for Android (with full exposure to Blueprints)

I am not sure why we still don’t have native mic input support in UE 4.23 / 4.24, but I, and many other people, think it’s essential for Unreal Engine to have it, with full exposure to Blueprints.

It’s also critical for this implementation not to rely on any Google Services (or anything else of this nature), so that there is no issue using on bare bones Android (e.g Oculus Go/Quest).

We are in 2022, a lot of unreal engine 5 best graphics in the world, but android and IOS don’t even work the microphone…
the audioComponent only works on windows… Neither on Android, nor on IOS… Surprisingly, it doesn’t work on linux either…X(

1 Like

I use the AudioComponent on 2 launched titles for both Android and iOS, I can’t speak for the microphone thing, but the AudioComponent is working just fine.

No reports of any issues with it and I’ve personally tested it on multiple devices myself.

were you able to test it on android emulators?
or only mobile devices?

were you able to test it on android emulators?
or only mobile devices?

I have not tested it on emulators

Could you tell me some devices where it worked on both android and ios?

All of them in my experience.

I’ve tested on Galaxy S6, S21, iPhone 5-6, all testers have had no issues with it etc etc.
Take a look at your audio settings for both iOS and Android if you’re experiencing issues

ok, since you’re answering me.
I thank you very much, she left a video.
My English is very bad, I just say hello.
she looks, as you see on desktop take the audio.
But in android emulator it doesn’t take it.
however install an app from the appstore and it works.

So if I run it on an android device would it work?
Thanks.

are you asking permission for accesing Mic on Android?

the permission asks you when you start the .APK for the first time and obviously I say yes… but there is no way, it does not capture the microphone on Android

I already found the solution, I wrote it here… As you said, you had to give permissions to the APP.