Nanite + RVT for landscape blending not working?

I have this weird issue where trying to use RVT to blend nanite assets with the landscape result in a weird white texture inplace of the landscape texture.

Here is the picture:

And the weird part is that it seems to properly sample the lanscape and apply it to the nanite mesh albedo as can be seen of this Unlit view:

I would like to know if anyone has a solution for this and it’s just something wrong with my set up or if it’s a UE5 / Nanite issue that can’t be fixed for now.

Also just to be clear i did test the RVT blending on a normal static mesh and it work as expected. But neither the normal static mesh or the nanite mesh worked with DitherTemporalAA.

It’s either your material setup or you found a bug. I’ve tested the majority of RVT features with nanite and never encountered anything like that.

Since it looks fine in unlit but super bright and white in lit perhaps its your specular? maybe unhook it from the rvt sample and replace it with a constant just for testing, see if that does anything

Thank you, i’ll give it a try

Hey dorito, have you had any issues with RVT while using world partition? :upside_down_face:

Did you find out if it really works because my textures disappears when I make the mesh to use Nanite. I turn it off and everything works as expected.

Didn’t touch world partition since i’m working of a fairly small area for my projects

Couldn’t get it to work so far, i moved on from using landscapes for now when i realized they are not compatible with lumen

Somehow I had some meshes working not sure how I did it as I am not working on that atm. If you need me to check it out again just ask. Thanks for getting back. Maybe it was importing a working project from 4.26 not sure.

just bumped into this issue with preview 2, it appears that when importing from bridge, it only comes with an instance mat with a weird parent. so when right click on the instance and find parent I changed the textures the right ones and now it’s working.

Here’s another strange bug I found using nanite meshes with RVT and a VHM. Has anyone seen this before? If I disable nanite the noisy shader goes away. Either way, RVT blending still works as does landscape deformation.

Using OpenLand & Terrain Magic, Ultra Dynamic Sky/Weather

Hm… This could be this shadow problem.