Nanite is enabled but cannot render

I’m wondering how I can get rid of this message or ignore this in-editor message where it says "Nanite is enabled but cannot render, because the project has Nanite disabled in an ini (r.Nanite.ProjectEnabled = 0).

Nanite was slowing my computer down, so I disabled it in the project settings, but now I have this annoying message that doesn’t go away.

7 Likes

r.Nanite 0 helped me

9 Likes

Hey @BrightenTompkins!

Have you tried disabling Nanite on the meshes themselves? You can do so by right clicking the mesh in the content browser → opening the nanite tab at the very top → unchecking the box.

I hope the above is the solution you need!

1 Like

Nope, its a bug, I have empty project with disabled nanite. The only way is to hide this error with r.nanite 0…

3 Likes

Its happen because of shader model, just use SM 5!

5 Likes

1 - Make sure all static meshes on the project have nanite disabled.

You can do this going to the content folder and filtering by the asset type, then select them and disable nanite with right click → Nanite → Disable for selected. If you wish to be more careful with modifying hundreds of meshes (like, due to source control), use bulk edit via property matrix. You will be requested to apply changes for them afterwards.

2 - When disabling Nanite from the project settings, the first of the following lines is added to DefaultEngine.ini . Add the second one manually.

r.Nanite.ProjectEnabled = false
r.Nanite = 0
14 Likes

Just put ExecuteConsoleCommand with “r.nanite 0” inside Level Blueprint, and problem completely solved

1 Like

thx dude!

1 Like

Disabling this option worked for me.

5 Likes

This worked for me!

1 Like

It works, thx!

so this is a bug, that its not doing that on disabling nanite from editor project ?

Wow! now that I have nanite disabled I can finally render my scene at a quater of the time. Kids don’t enable nanite on huge levels. Word to the wise. Thanks!

1 Like
  1. Nanite is disabled in the Project Settings.
  2. The Nanite entries in Default.Engine.ini are False and 0.
  3. Show > Nanite > Meshes is unchecked.

Yet, I’m still seeing this error message on BPs and SMs.

did you tried this console command.

r.Nanite = 0