"MyProject" difference between 5.2.1 and 5.3.1 = 49 FPS

I have two default projects that I created through the standard launcher. One of them is version unreal engine 5.2.1 and the second version is unreal engine 5.3.1. These are two default projects that have nothing additional. I launch play in one and another project and use (Immersive Mode - F11). My computer specs are two 4K monitors/ RTX 3090/ AMD Ryzen 9 5950x/ Windows 11.
The question is why the difference in FPS is as much as 49, what could have changed that the FPS in the default level, which is almost empty with a 3090 video card, is 70 FPS?

Hi @Unitmotion,

Are there any differences in the graphics settings between the two projects?

It appears that the quality settings in 5.3.1 are higher than in 5.2.1 project. The Temporal Super Resolution draw time is much higher, almost three times as much, among other values.

I encountered a similar issue when upgrading to 5.3.1, as my settings were reset to “Epic” quality.

To check your quality settings, go to the top right: Settings → Engine Scalability Settings.

Hi, these settings are identical in both versions. They seem to have always been the default option in all versions of unreal engine, this option was on epic if you create a default project and there was always 120 fps on a regular computer.

I too have noticed a major drop in FPS in 5.3. I am currently on 5.3.2 and after importing a landscape, the FPS in 5.3 drops to about 70 whereas in 5.2 it maintains around 120. This is before applying materials to the landscape. I did 4K and 8K landscapes and results are the same. I have a 4090, 128GB of RAM and the 13900 Intel so the machine is fine. Just a large difference in FPS. Someday Nanite will be able to handle larger landscapes but not really the issue here.

Yes, this is certainly a strange thing, the 4090 is not the weakest video card, but it doesn’t hold up.
Here I tested 5.3.2 fps did not increase much. It is play mod 4k.

1 Like

I have a similar issue, I updated my project from 5.1.1 to 5.3 and now the fps went down from around 60-70 to 30-40. It also keeps bothering me with the Landscape Actor Rebuild Physic Material bla bla. And I haven’t found any working solution yet on the forums.