My Unreal is making my planes look brighter and different from each other, help?

I’m not sure if it’s a bug but when I imported some of my modular assets. It made some of them brighter than the others and I did not realize this until I started adding build lighting and post-process effects.

I have tried multiple attempts to fix this and it seems to be not solving it. I might have to consider finding a way to hide it like adding iron bars or pillars to make it less noticeable.

The attempts I’ve done:

1. Move all of my assets from a different coordinate.
I thought moving it would solve the issue based on the forums. Some may be worked for them but didn’t on my end.

2. Substance Painter.
I tried to double-check the coloring and roughness for the substance painter. I was using a smart material and I kept it all updated with no errors and no errors showing any color difference. You can see in my screenshot example in my unlit that the colors are the same in Unreal.

3. Change Texture Materials Instances.
I went back to double-check if my material instances were working and re-plugged stuff to make sure that all of the textures that I using was working accordingly and it turns out that wasn’t the issue and still had the same problem.

4. Merge Actors.
I did merge actors accordingly and replaced all my planes with the merged static mesh and there were no results and the problem was still there.

I’m not sure if I’m doing anything wrong or if it’s an unreal engine bug. If I have to take extreme measures to fix this issue, I might consider finding ways to hide it so it would be less noticeable as mentioned earlier. Your response would be extremely helpful and much appreciated!

It’s because you’re using static lighting.

See the solution from @anonymous_user_f26c856c1 here

1 Like