My GPU Lightmass is not working.

When I build gpu lightmass it turns sort of disables all the lights but in cpu lightbuild it works fine.

I dont know whats happening

My specs are ryzen 5 7600 non X, radeon 6700 xt, 16 gb ddr5 ram everything is updated to the latest drivers.

What version of the engine are you using?

GPULM is slightly broken in 5.2 (overocclusion) and extremely broken in 5.3. (
incorrect lighting and shadowing)

So they force you to use lumen

1 Like

How GPULM looks like while baking in 5.3 in my scene.

How it should look like (5.1.1)

my level goes completely black

Hi @MeanLemur
You need to complete the setup in
GPU Lightmass Global Illumination in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation
This is Same for
Luoshuang’s GPULightmass - Development / Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
LGPU Lightmass
and the Epic GPU Lightmass
The LGPU is based on Nvidia card other cards need to use CPU Lightmass or Epic GPU Lightmass

I experienced this as well, and found some moderate success by deleting the Shared Derived Data Cache and Intermediate from AppData.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the issue comes back, but it is allowing me to build with shadows in the meantime.

Steps below:

• Delete the DerivedDataCache folder found typically in C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine. This is where Unreal caches a lot of computed data, including some light build results.
  • Delete the Saved and Intermediate folders from your project directory. This will remove any local configurations and caches for your specific project.

Image context: Static skylight and stationary directional light. Working shadows. Combination of Nanite and oldschool meshes. Virtual Lightmaps. No Virtual Shadows, as they’re a bit slow for my target platform.

2 Likes

I have a same problem either. And deleting the cache doesnt work. I found that turn directional light from static to stationary give at least correct bake result - but hte quality of shadows nad performance is in step worse then for static.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.