My game crashes from box or sphere reflection captures

Every time I drag box or sphere reflection capture my game crashes. How can I fix this?

Error message:

Hi .

I’ve looked up your submitted crash report, and the issue you are experiencing is this:

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 176] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() d3d11util.cpp:176 
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!VerifyD3D11Result() d3d11util.cpp:225 
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIReadSurfaceFloatData() d3d11rendertarget.cpp:1176 
UE4Editor_RHI!FRHICommandListImmediate::ReadSurfaceFloatData() rhicommandlist.h:3025 
UE4Editor_Renderer!GetReflectionCaptureData_RenderingThread() reflectionenvironmentcapture.cpp:1095 
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<`FScene::GetReflectionCaptureData'::`2'::EURCMacro_GetReflectionDataCommand>::ExecuteTask() taskgraphinterfaces.h:868 
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() taskgraph.cpp:932 
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() taskgraph.cpp:679 
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() renderingthread.cpp:320 
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() renderingthread.cpp:454 
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74 

Basically, the engine is crashing because the graphics card is taking too long to respond. This may be simply due to an inadequate or failing graphics card, but we are aware of an increase of these crashes occurring in the 4.14 release. See known reports:

The tickets may say they are “fixed”, but that’s not entirely accurate. We have fixed some confirmed causes of these crashes, but other causes are still occurring. We need help in identifying reproduction cases for these crashes, so we can experience them internally and resolve the issue. If you have any more information to share, please review and follow this guide to properly report the issue: Einen Fehler melden - Unreal Engine

Cheers

Thanks for the reply I’ve been waiting all day for an answer. I opened and closed the Unreal Editor and it started working again. The only downside is that every time I do drag a box or sphere reflection capture actor it lags when I try to move it around positions anyway I can fix that?