My Ai Sight Perception is defaulting to look Right when the char is idle?

I’m guessing right now you have Orient Rotation to Movement disabled in your movement component, so it is getting the forward direction from velocity of the pawn, and when you stop it is resting at the forward direction of the capsule component.

I don’t know where AI perception gets this info from but a couple of workarounds; you can enable orient rot. for mov. then force your sprite’s rotation to stay at a constant direction all the time, or rotate the character to the last direction it was moving when it stops > set sprite rotation so that it stays as it was. There may be other easier and sensible ways as well but those are what came to my mind right now.

so in this video i have i am checking my units Sight the sight seems to match my characters direction when the character is moving but when its NOT moving the sight direction just defaults to looking Right

so here is where the problem gets even weirder
I am never rotating my character… its a sprite… that would be bad , i am using a different custom system that is setting flipbooks to ‘‘look’’ the correct directions, without actually rotating the character itself because otherwise i would have some crazy paper mario sprites turning flat sideways chaos going on…the ai system shouldn’t even be aware of any of that its just coincidentally matching it when its moving

so how then is the sight knowing where to go when the character moves? what exactly is it basing its ‘‘direction you are facing’’ on if its not my characters rotation?

these are the mysteries of the unreal engine

does anyone know how i can fix this with blueprints? until then i am just gonna set its periphangle to 180 and let the platypus look all around it, but it would be nice to find out because its basically an over complicated sphere collision if i use it like that lol

i cant seem to get the sprite to not rotate when i use the other stuff , i put the locks on but it doesnt seem to effect it?