Multiple textures and one specific normal map

Hi!

As we know, mobiles got’s limit up to 5 materials on landscape. What I want to do, is to create material with 4 textures and single normal map attached to one of these textures.

I have used many combinations with these layer nodes and none of them work.
Whatever i did, the result was global normal map for all of texture, or not working rest of textures ( those without normal)
Name, layer etc are same.

So, that’s it. I think there is some simple solution for that however i tried and … well i tried.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

By Global Normal Map, what do you mean? That all the textures were using that normal map on them? Or your whole terrain was using just one texture?

My whole terrain was using just one texture… kind of… the rest of them becomes black.
As on screenshot: First on top (red circle) works because there is a normal map attached.
Rest of them will turn black.
However, if i break connection in Normal node everything would work just fine.

I called it Global Normal because - i suppose - it has effect on rest of textures.

So is there any possibility to get single texture with normal map? While the rest are casual textures.

Okay, give me a few minutes to try and re-create your issue. I will post an answer based on the result. Won’t take long :smiley:

Hey Kamilus -

Try adding a 0,0,1 Constant 3 node (should be Blue), copy your layer blend node and plug your normal map into the leaves and then the constant 3 into everything else. This should allow you to get the correct normal map without errors.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hey,
Unfortunately it is not working
I am adding 2 screenshot showing the problem.

1. Selected viewport
  2. Mobile preview