Multiple Device Malfunctions: Class Selector, × Capture Area Device! × Teleporter, and Mutator, trackers, and More which Fail to Work Upon Private & Public Publication / Intermittenly in Editor

Reference ID

a697fafc-4880-661a-6dde-01a50a47ef02

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

There seem to be several issues with the functionality of various elements in Fortnite game devices. I have tried deleting, replacing, and rebinding devices. This did not fix the bugs.

1. The Class Selector malfunctions when a player switches teams or classes upon entering a zone.
  2. The Mutator Zone fails to trigger any actions when a player enters the zone.
  3. Teleporters do not transport players when they walk through a Mutator or Class Selector during teleportation events.
  4. Triggers do not activate as expected at all, even when jumping on a trigger the light shows no signal recieved and set triggered by player to yes.
  5. Timer devices do not initiate properly or at all.
  6. Player Markers appear at the start of the game despite being scheduled to activate later during specific events, and remain inactive initially.
  7. The Team Switch feature does not operate correctly at all.
  8. Class Switch encounters bugs and does not switch when player enters zone.
  9. Mutator and Class Selector tools do not effectively alter team, class, or teleportation events even with the appropriate checkboxes selected.
  10. Visual Effects (VFX) and Sound Effects (SFX) checkboxes are set to ‘NO’ but still activate, indicating a glitch.
  11. I encounter difficulties playing my game upon publishing, whether in private or public mode. The game only functions properly in the Unreal Engine Fortnite (UEFN) test launch session.
  12. All devices on the island fail to function upon publication, despite efforts to optimize the game by reducing draw count, cell memory, and project size.
  13. Despite achieving excellent FPS performance during testing on PC and console (PS4), the published version remains broken.

I urgently require assistance to examine my logs and provide a resolution, as I have not received any feedback from staff regarding my previous bug submissions. Your acknowledgment of this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Utilize the Content Browser to access Fortnite Devices. Implement the Class Selector with specifications: one class for team switching, activation for any team, enabled throughout all phases, volume size set to 3, audio and visual effects enabled during gameplay, and class change throttling disabled. Even though disabled, they still activate.
  2. When a player enters the Class Selector Zone, there is no team or class switching signal. Player is supposed to change team and does not.
  3. Deploy Teleporter Group A without a designated target group, activated during all phases, with correct settings established for optimal performance during editing and testing. Functions include teleporting players and triggering events such as Class Selector and Team Switch.
  4. Upon entering the Class Selector zone, players fail to teleport, except in Class Selector 2 for team 2. However, this functionality intermittently works for team 2 and then ceases to function.
  5. Implement a Mutator Zone and link it to a teleporter upon player entry. Despite this setup, players do not teleport.
  6. Activate a Timer Device at the start of the game. Upon game commencement, the timer does initiate as expected.
  7. Player marker enabled Capture Area on item picked up on instigating player only. However, player marker initiates to all players at game start.

Expected Result

Expected results of the bug:

1. Identification and acknowledgment of several issues with the functionality of various Fortnite game devices.
  2. Confirmation that attempts to resolve the bugs by deleting, replacing, and rebinding devices were unsuccessful.
  3. Clarification that these issues are consistently present upon publishing the game, both in private and public modes, despite their occasional absence during editing sessions.
  4. Detailed enumeration of the specific malfunctions encountered, including Class Selector errors, Mutator Zone failures, Teleporter issues, Triggers not activating, Timer devices malfunctioning, Player Marker inconsistencies, Team Switch problems, Class Switch bugs, and ineffectiveness of Mutator and Class Selector tools.
  5. Notation of glitches such as VFX and SFX checkboxes activating despite being set to ‘NO’.
  6. Assertion that the game performs adequately only during testing in the Unreal Engine Fortnite (UEFN) launch session.
  7. Declaration that despite optimization efforts, including reducing draw count, cell memory, and project size, all devices on the island fail to function upon publication.
  8. Confirmation that the published version of the game remains broken despite achieving satisfactory FPS performance during testing on PC and console (PS4).
  9. Detailed description of the configuration of the game to include three teams, with specific assignments for team index 3 and associated events with the third team’s class selector linked to a mutator zone.
  10. Explanation that players are correctly transitioned to team 3 class 3, but encounter issues with switching to team 1 or team 2 due to glitches, leaving them stuck in the pregame lobby area.

The urgent need for assistance in examining logs and providing a resolution is emphasized, as previous bug submissions have not elicited any feedback from staff. Your acknowledgment of this issue is greatly appreciated.

Observed Result

The observed results of the bug submission would be:

1. Acknowledgment of the reported issues with various Fortnite game devices.
  2. Verification of unsuccessful attempts to resolve the bugs through device manipulation.
  3. Consistent presence of the reported issues upon publishing the game in both private and public modes, despite occasional absence during editing sessions.
  4. Detailed documentation of specific malfunctions encountered, including errors with the Class Selector, failures of the Mutator Zone, Teleporter inconsistencies, Triggers not activating, Timer device malfunctions, Player Marker inconsistencies, Team Switch problems, Class Switch bugs, and ineffective Mutator and Class Selector tools.
  5. Notable glitches such as VFX and SFX checkboxes activating despite being set to ‘NO’.
  6. Confirmation that the game performs acceptably only during testing in the Unreal Engine Fortnite (UEFN) launch session.
  7. Assertion that despite optimization efforts, including reducing draw count, cell memory, and project size, all devices on the island fail to function upon publication.
  8. Verification that the published version of the game remains broken despite achieving satisfactory FPS performance during testing on PC and console (PS4).
  9. Detailed description of the game’s configuration to include three teams, with specific assignments for team index 3 and associated events with the third team’s class selector linked to a mutator zone.
  10. Confirmation that players are correctly transitioned to team 3 class 3 but encounter issues with switching to team 1 or team 2 due to glitches, resulting in being stuck in the pregame lobby area.

The need for urgent assistance in examining logs and providing a resolution is highlighted due to the lack of feedback from staff on previous bug submissions.

Platform(s)

windows, ps4, nintendo switch, pc

Island Code

7385-3224-0691

Additional Notes

Additional notes regarding the bug:

The issues persist uniformly across all platforms.

Prior to encountering these issues, changes and updates were made to the game and its settings in an attempt to rectify issues stemming from missing folders in the Fortnite client and engine directories. This necessitated the reinstallation of both Fortnite and the engine. These missing files led to difficulties launching sessions without crashing, connecting to revision control, and encountering significant bugs in the Unreal Engine Fortnite (UEFN), rendering it unusable. To address these challenges, I migrated the level to a new project, relocated the project folder on the local PC, synchronized with revision control, and resolved numerous validation errors. The root cause of these complications stemmed from UEFN being unable to locate files, prompting its deletion and reinstallation, ultimately leading to the current issue.

The impact of these bugs on the gameplay experience and player enjoyment is severe, jeopardizing the anticipated launch date. This delay has repercussions for user engagement and retention, particularly concerning the hundreds of thousands of followers on TikTok and Twitter who were eagerly anticipating the game’s release in February.

Repeatedly launching sessions did not effectively alleviate the issues, indicating persistent challenges.

Visual documentation, such as screenshots and videos, will be provided to offer additional context and evidence of the reported problems.

Based on my observations and past experiences with similar issues, migrating the level data to a new project was necessary to restore functionality. The inability to read files in the AppData folder and null Fortnite meshes necessitated their replacement via the content browser. However, this approach proved ineffective as the content browser items themselves exhibited null static meshes. Additionally, the Fortnite Engine and client continued to search for nonexistent folders stored locally on the PC.

I am urgently requesting contact information for further communication and assistance from support staff.

These bugs have persisted since January, resulting in the missed opportunity to launch on the anticipated date of February 1st, 2024. This delay has significant implications for upcoming events and release schedules. Given these time constraints, resolving these issues promptly is imperative.

UPDATE: March 8 2024

The multiplayer teams are causing the devices linked to behave irratic now and much worse. I made a map with 4 capture area device bases for two teams . It works great in the editor and Fortnite client. It works when ONE player tests on published private and public, but as soon as multiple players come in, I have Triggers malfunctioning linked to capture area devices breaking the objective pulse not disabling and sending 5 pulses to all bases instead of disabling on triggered and class UI pop up not popping up intermittently and widget displaying twice and everything has somehow become bugged in my game.

I’ve republished replaced and rebinded events and functions and it works in single player from game start to end but not multiplayer. Additionally JOIN IN PROGRESS on island settings is making players in an active game have to return to lobby because a player on lobby chooses to ready up in the Fortnite lobby and this black pop up comes up for everybody to ready up instead of letting the player in, the entire game of players has to leave game and return to lobby.

The class selectors are set to (switch to team 1 & 2) then on player entering game spawners class selector switches players to team 3, this way they can choose team 1 or 2. In the middle of the game on a checkpoint device, after eliminated and respawning, someone eventually somehow gets changed to team 3 out of nowhere. They are nowhere near anything that activates team 3.

So capture area device is not disabling objective pulse, trackers are showing on screen 4/4 complete, but not completing and stuck on HUD, also timer devices are set to award 2 score but are awarding 4 in game on a published version. So I’m just going to say, I have really lost all of any hope. So much for a year of diligent carefulness and attention to detail on a map Plunder The Caves. Rip

The capture area devices or class selectors are affection other devices most other devices they are linked to in my game. I’m honestly unsure how to move forward.

This has become a major headache for me too as of the recent patch, but was also probably causing more bugs than we thought on previous versions too.

Hope we get a resolution for this.

2 Likes

i have also reported some of these issues. The team switching in my view is one of the biggest bugs as that full controls the game itself from working.

i hope we can have resolution soon as i have been working on a map for weeks and since the issue i am sat twiddling my thumbs waiting.

2 Likes

UCB-1314 incident has been created. Status is ‘Awaiting Validation’.

2 Likes

thank you very much for looking into this @Bug-Reporter

1 Like

Wait so, did moving the island to another project work or nah?

1 Like

@S1lentIntensity @Proxying @AtAshTag @Bug-Reporter

Since moving the project to a new project, device bugs have gotten worse but I believe moving the project could possibly be part of this, as I could really use someone to look over my logs. I’m not sure who to post them to?

I made a map with 4 capture area device bases each for two teams . It works great single player testing in the editor and Fortnite client. It works when ONE player tests on published private and public, but as soon as multiple players come in, I have Triggers malfunctioning linked to capture area devices breaking the objective pulse not disabling and sending 5 pulses to all bases instead of disabling on triggered and class UI pop up not popping up intermittently and widget displaying twice and everything has somehow become bugged in my game.

I’ve republished replaced and rebinded events and functions and it works in single player from game start to end but not multiplayer.

Additionally JOIN IN PROGRESS on island settings is making ALL players in an active game have to return to lobby because a player in matchmaking lobby chooses to ready up in the Fortnite lobby and this black pop up comes up for everybody in game, to ready up instead of letting the player join, resulting in the entire game of players having to leave game and return to lobby.

The class selectors are set to (switch to team 1 or 2) based on choice. When all players entering game onto spawners, a mutator and class selector switches all players to team 3. This way they can choose team 1 or 2 after spawning in game. In the middle of the game on a checkpoint device, after eliminated and respawning, someone eventually somehow gets changed to team 3 out of nowhere. They are nowhere near anything that activates team 3.

So capture area device is not disabling objective pulse, and triggers are not recognizing capture area device was captured either, trackers are showing on screen 4/4 complete, but not completing and stuck on HUD, also timer devices are set to award 2 score but are awarding 4 in game on a published version. So I’m just going to say, I have really lost all of any hope. So much for a year of diligent carefulness and attention to detail on a map Plunder The Caves

It was working great in single player and sometimes I’d launch a session and have problems but then I fixed them all and it works Amazing in single player . Just when teams are not working it seems to be switching people teams in the middle of the game and I am using capture area devices which might be affecting all zones, like mutators, damage zones, class selectors, etc…

The teams switching bug problem is breaking the game

Hello again! Here’s My setup and what I think is contributing… Possibly player play space?

Teams are not supposed to be auto switching mid game on respawning. (All players are respawbing onto a checkpoint device after teleported from pregame lobby)

Expexted result:
Spawn in game on team 3, choose team 1 or 2 using class selectors (switch to team) teleport to checkpoint and no longer spawn in pregame area. (This works well when I test it single player unpublished)

Observed Result:
Mid game player on team 1 or 2 dies and respawns on team 3 on checkpoint device. which is not a chosen team but only class selector event binded and assigned to mutator zone around join in game spawn pads.

Team colors on scoreboard show white (major Bug) when no team colors are set to white :cry:
Game devices set to team 1 and 2 separately for capturing bases are suddenly combined where each player is active on both teams 1, 2 , and possibly 3 ( 3 is the game start spawning class selector event binding to mutator on player entering zone before choosing team 1 or 2)

Cannot publish my game until fixed. I already published public and then unlisted it once I noticed the bug only occured on multiplayer intermittently.

I have two teams Team silver and Team Gold. This is showing Team silver and Team White. Barnacle bart team is gold, and team white is team 3, the spawn in team that players already changed from

I noticed on my game that everyone spawns on team 1 i think this is a default team maybe, who knows. I havnt had any issues changing teams at all up until team 16 then thats when it just stops for me. Also unless you specify a team colour it will generate a random one ?

Any updates on this? I’ve been having the same problem.

1 Like