Multiplayer Survival Game Template

Just an update to the post guys… Epic have given me a release date now and I’ve updated the OP. The template will hit the UE4 Marketplace on February the 3rd! One week to go… Guess I had better get that documentation and new trailer/video finished! Ha!

awesome! Will purchase on marketplace.

Glad you are excited XD Hopefully everything will go smoothly with the marketplace haha

Everything has been finalised for release tomorrow, a new trailer was added to my youtube channel (and the OP here), and a bugfix update was pushed to Gumroad. Saddle up cause here we go XD

Could I bother you for what was fixed so I don’t have to compare everything? I’ve got too many modifications at this point to easily just re-apply them to the updated version.

Thanks!

Sure thing. The changelog is as follows (was sent out in the email to you). If you need I can email you screenshots with specific detail on how to apply the fixes yourself :slight_smile:

Changelog:

Fixed issue making all other open widgets close when players closed a book
Added health decay to overheating and freezing effects
Added player text message to overheating and freezing effects
Fixed issue where using temperature volumes broke temperature system due to incorrect BOOLEAN setting
Added DN_SunRise and DN_SunSet events, used to fade the sun in and out to stop sunlight shining through landscape and meshes at night time.
Moved Set CalcsComplete to true in SGT_Calculations to end of final sequence rather than first sequence
Fixed issue where player could break sleep system and get stuck in infinite sleep cycle
Fixed issue stopping inventory sizes being upgraded correctly with bag items

You make some good work! support network ?

Currently no… however I’ve just started on a total overhaul of the system that will include MP. No idea on a ETA and I’ll be supporting this version in the meantime, but MP is definitely coming :slight_smile: I can not 100% confirm this.

Screenshots would be awesome if not too much trouble, otherwise even pointing me to the changed areas of the BP’s would be a big help to zone in on the changes and I can just compare the relevant sections.

Thanks!

Original post just got updated with a sweet tasty Marketplace link XD We are live!

Link is also here.

So I am taking a short break on working on the template (will still do bug fixes and documentation in the meantime) to do another small marketplace asset (as yet unannounced - watch this space XD), but once that is done I am doing a full rebuild of the template to incorporate multiplayer.

Yep, it’s official - MULTIPLAYER IS COMING!

I have no idea on an eta at this stage, but I have some of the rudimentary systems working already, and most of the hard maths work is sorted already in the singleplayer version, so I am hoping it won’t be too bad. But I thought it worth mentioning, given it has been such a highly requested feature.

In this update will also come crafting, a basic example armor system, an overhauled, possibly new example UI, new models for the example items (I know… we will all miss those beautiful cubes XD), possibly some sort of building system, and whatever else I can wrangle in during the process.

NOTE: I will still be updating/fixing anything needed in the system you guys have in the meantime, so that those happy to work with the singleplayer version will not be left out. But I think this move is best for the template. I would have done it from the beginning had I realised how easy it was to sort out multiplayer coding… so my bad there. In the meantime, please continue giving me feedback, suggestions, etc. so that I can ensure the template becomes the best it can be!

Sweet. Will the multiplayer be via blueprints or c++?

All marketplace assets have to be blueprints at this stage, so the template will always remain 100% blueprints. Out of curiosity, which were you hoping for? :slight_smile:

Any ETA on replication?

As mentioned in my reply on the marketplace page, I have no idea on a time frame just yet. Keep an eye on this thread and I will try and let you know ASAP =)

Okay awesome. Looking forward to it (Y)

Keep it up :smiley:

subscribing in post for multiplayer version :smiley:

I imagine you are not the only one! haha.

Finishing up work on the other marketplace asset (submitting to epic in the next 24 hours hopefully) and then I’ll be back to working on the rewrite - chaotic life circumstances allowing. Will have some news soon hopefully :slight_smile:

May i ask about some news on multiplayer?

Hey Ryan. There’s been some health concerns with my fiancée of late that have gotten in the way of a lot of things. I’m about to finish up work on my other marketplace submission then it’ll be back to the template. Apologies for the delays but it wasn’t really something that I had any control over. As soon as I have gotten back to work on it I’ll be sharing the trello here so you guys can follow progress and also see all the new planned features :wink: