Multiplayer dedicated server architecture (steam, no steam...)

Hi all,
i’m here for asking and clearing my doubts regards the best path for creating [N] Dedicated Servers with Unreal and list them in the game, so people in game have a list of valid server with the classic information (ServerName, Map, Gamemode, CurrentPlayers, Ping). NOTE: online match will have from 16 to 24 players and the game is a shooter game, so self hosting the game will cause lag. The idea was (people or me) buy servers in AWS/AZURE… and starting a program they will create a dedicated server for the game (like steam does).

I have searched a lot but i’m still confused, i have found 2 paths to be followed:

• STEAM: Integrate steam SDK and the Advanced Sessions Plugin for letting people host and let others join the game, but like mentioned before it will lag. Steam offer steam master server for register the dedicated server and show it in browser list, but i haven’t found docs or guide to how implement it with UE4.

• Apply to gameSpark or photon, but i haven’t understand if they offers what i’m trying to do.

• I’ve also see epic games in 2020 will be release the Online Service, it’s another mistery, i don’t know if they provide what i need.

I’m asking if someone could explain how to proceed with the STEAM MASTER SERVER, or another solution.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Hello,
You can use this solution to to run a master server on Windows / Linux and get a list of game servers using the UE4 plug-in.