I’m trying to make a physical multiplayer game. I’m not a developer. So a really good piece of advice, I would be happy. I can not make physical engine like rocket league. I will use Unreal engine physical code.
A good guide or check list would be cool to optimize it
what I have found out so far .:
- Player - shadow off
- Player - use 1-3 collision Box or another shape. do not use mesh collision.
- Player - Polygon count less than 10,000 - with everything (add ons)
- Player - 2-4 LOD
- Map count (RHI) 1 - 1.5 million in view
- Environment - use simple collision and LOD 2-4 of them
- Console code - stat net, how to read it. what is good and bad. in Rate (bytes), Out Rate (bytes), Out bunches, (Out Packets 119 is that good?) etc. Ping is around 12-18 via Steam online - 300/60 M/bits.
Is there another way too check network / multiplayer than stat net. - insight network is not possible as I use UE4.18 - Net Profiler? but who to read that.
Is any of this is wrong. pls let me know and add more if you have other good things I can do to make it better. a check list would be super. A physical game is not easy to create.
Fake client physically? but how. Platform=PC