Multi-User editing not seing persisted changes

My friend and I are trying to collaborate on a project, I have set up multiuser editing and he is able to join my session and we can see each other. I can see when he moves an object around and vice versa. But if I import an asset he does not see it, if I press persist changes he does not see it. How can I make him see the assets I import, and how can we synchronize the project between our versions.
I saw online people pressing persist changes and a notification appearing, however when he or I press persist changes no notification appears on the other’s person screen. Idk if it matters but we are not on the same wifi connection, however, I set up all the Ip and port forwarding stuff and I do not believe that is the problem.
Thanks in advance

When you persist changes, it only affects your system.
If you want to keep consistency between your two projects across different systems, you will have to investigate some source control solutions… or i guess make sure you both persist?

For the import issue: Read the UE documentaion pages on MultiUser carefully… i seem to recall a note about how it treats different types of assets and imports differently.

remember, a MU session communicates changes, it’d not sending large pieces of data, like assets, back and forth.