MSS: Modular Snap System Plugin

We wrote to the marketplace support and they fixed the problem.

They said you have to restart the launcher and try to install it again. I just tried and it works fine this time, installed without problems.

Hey everyone Iā€™m struggling to figure out how to connect walls at 90 degree angles. Iā€™ve not been able to find a video showcasing this and the wall_rx90 or _rz90 donā€™t appear to do anything for me. Iā€™ve got all other snap points working but do not know the best way to snap two straight walls at a corner in 90 degrees.

Can anyone help me with the best way to set this up and should the snap points be unique in name so no other snap points utilize the corner ones?
Thanks

Hi, can you show a screenshot of what your want to achieve and how you put the sockets please?

Hello scha, I just want the walls to snap left and right, top and bottom, and then at a 90 degree angle. What I currently have seems to work most of the time but other times it just goes crazy placing snap points all over. Just looking for the best way to set this up so wall pieces will snap at 90 degree angles.
Below is currently what Iā€™m using to accomplish this.

Wall1 snaps left and right and works OK, wall2 snaps top and bottom and works OK, but wall3 as mentioned works sometimes. Iā€™ve not been able to find anywhere to advise the best way to setup these snap points.

Thank you

I think I understand. Itā€™s like a logical problem how to setup those wall connections. What we did is to separate walls and pillars. We put 2 sockets on the wall, and 4 sockets on the pillar, one on each side. Then you always put a pillar between two walls and it works. We did that because we didnā€™t want walls to overlap, also it matched well the kind of houses we was making.

Here on the left you see the wall with one of the sockets (the other is on the opposite side) and on the right is the pillar with 4 sockets

Another thing you can try is to put 3 sockets on each wall side but then you will probably have the walls overlapping a little, otherwise if you try to make a rectangular room from your walls there will be a gap.

Awesome thank you for the reply.

Hi, the idea of this plugin sounds really great and would save me a lot of time.
The description in the market says it works with actor components too, but when Iā€™m editing my actor in the viewport, I donā€™t see the gizmo that toggles snapping.
How do I make it appear?
I installed your plugin to the engine and activated it in the plugins screen. Is there another step I might be missing?

Hi, it works for components but in the level editor. If you select and move a static mesh component of an actor, it will try to snap it to other components. But in the blueprint editor viewport I didnā€™t found a way to add a plugin like that. A workaround would be to edit your actor in the level viewport then save changes using ā€œApply instance changes to blueprintā€ menu.

Hey scha, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Is it really possible to move individual components of an actor in the level editor?

Yes, you can select them in the detail panels or by double clicking on them, So for example if you have an actor with 2 sm_components (like 2 cubes), you can choose one cube component in detail panel or by double clicking on it

1 Like

Sockets for PolyPixel Freebie Pack

ModularCity.txt (6.5 KB)

I have a question about this plugin, Iā€™m trying to implement it during game time, not during editor. I started using a attach function and/or a set world transform in order to change an object location, but getting the sockets near one another does not makes them snap together. Does this plugins supports runtime or only editor? Making it runtime would be swell.

1 Like

Hi, this is the runtime version of the plugin, for use in game: Modular Snap System Runtime in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

1 Like

Hello, I think there is a bug when pasting sockets, you can only paste to one actor at a time otherwise it shows an error, is there any plans for a quick update to fix that ? Itā€™s very inconvienient when batch creating modular piecesā€¦

Hi, you can only paste sockets to 1 mesh at a time, thatā€™s correct. Do you want it to paste same sockets to multiple actors at once? Like select multiple actors and paste? So after you pasted all those actors will receive exactly the same sockets, is that correct?
Or itā€™s something else?

Itā€™s exactly that. For example I have 4 walls that are 4x4 but they have different depth, but they have the same sockets, and itā€™s really annoying when itā€™s like 100 walls that need pasting

I see. Yeah that should be possible I think. I will take a look

Thanks

I submitted the update, it should be published tomorrow probably

Thank you very much!

1 Like