MrMasters hill of questions

Hi,
so I am fiddling in my rare spare time to get an utility-window for during runtime as I switched
to 4.3 to get lots of compiler-errors. I had started with an empty project, copy-pasted
Hello-Slate and the ProceduralGeneratedMesh-Tutorial and wanted to start from there
getting into c++ by playing with variables and functions from those classes.

Replacing OVERRIDE with override was not that hard but for example I have the problem that the FDynamicMeshVertex-struct is unknown.
It resides in the DynamicMeshBuilder.h and is the very first definition. So its clearly there and
I hadn`t had that problem upgrading from the other versions. Has there something changed
that I have overlooked?

I think the first definition should be always that .generated file :slight_smile:

Have a look here:

Thank both of you for your quick reply. I tried the first suggestion which didn`t work out.
Now I am looking through the TransitionGuide. Jepp, was guilty of not having thought of that.

Edit:
So I had looked through the guide and update-notes and what comes closest to was regarding static-vertex-types.
I included the header anyway as well as the DynamicMeshBuilder.h. The Windows Redistributable prerequisites
that have been mentioned, are these not included in the github-source? Haven`t found it.
Engine, Required1+2 and the Optional.zips were extracted without error. Nothing confiscated or blocked by
firewall/AV though I have disabled it to be save.
I also created a complete new project and repeated the steps I did before. Ended with the same errors.

I’m having the same issue with the launcher version, with an additional oddity…

The DynamicMeshBuilder header is #include’d and only the FDynamicMeshVertex types in the FGeneratedMeshTriangle struct are not recognised, yet the FDynamicMeshVertex type in the class is recognised.

1>D:/Users/…/Documents/Unreal Projects/ViReFilEx_0_0_0b/Source/ViReFilEx_0_0_0b/Public/GeneratedMeshComponent.h(35): error : In GeneratedMeshComponent: Unrecognized type ‘FDynamicMeshVertex’
1>Error : Failed to generate code for ViReFilEx_0_0_0bEditor - error code: 2
1> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘ViReFilEx_0_0_0bEditor’ (platform: Win64, module info: D:\Users.…\Documents\Unreal Projects\ViReFilEx_0_0_0b\Intermediate\Build\Win64\ViReFilEx_0_0_0bEditor\DebugGame\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).

Colour me confused…

Ugh… so simple…

Simply remove any and all UE reflection tags/macros (UCLASS(), USTRUCT(), PROPERTY(), etc.) from anything that uses the FDynamicMeshVertex struct. (I’m guessing because it wasn’t used in FDynamicMeshVertex’s declaration). Like so:

and then, voila: