Moving pulsing lights

Need some feedback from lighting experts.
Whats the ‘best’ way in terms of performance for creating Movable pulsing lights?
Ive tried Spotlights with a Light function, Rect lights and also Emissive.
Emissive seems the best performing but cannot get them to illuminate the geometry they are attached to, which is also Movable.
Think flashing lights on a moving plane or car of some sort for what I am trying to achieve.

It really depends on various things. Is there also a directional light in the scene?

Can you show a picture?

Emissive sounds like it should be fine, otherwise I’d use point lights in blueprints.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes Emissive is best performing, however as mentioned they do NOT illuminate the surrounding geometry which is set to Movable.
I’m guessing from your feedback that Point lights are the best performing Movable lights?

Think flashing lights on a moving plane or car of some sort for what I am trying to achieve.

Flashing lights on a moving airplabe do not need to illuminate, emissive would be fine.

For pulsing lights that actually have to emit light and illuminate like perhaps a blinker on a car at nigh, a point lights with a light function material is the go-to.

Cost is relatively low but would depend on how many meshes are being illuminated by the light… if you keep the size of the area of effect small, you address most performance issues…

For headlights you would use a spotlight. Same theory in terms of performance.

Thanks for the feedback!