Moving playable character automatically

Hi guys need help desperately.

I have a first person playable character, and movement at the moment is fine, however when the player interacts with a certain item in game i need him to automatically walk to the front of it using navmesh. I have read a few things online but not to sure how to do this, i’ve tried playing around with the simple move blueprint and move to location, but my character never seems to move once i’ve initiated it. Can someone help me PLEASE!!! many thanks

Seems to be working OK:

Here, I’m moving to a traced location using just the right click. You need to provide a reachable destination, ofc.

Image from Gyazo

Not sure how else I could help. It’s a working example above. We know absolutely nothing about your setup. What do you reckon? Perhaps you could share the details, screenshots, end goal, what works and what does not, what you’ve tried - perhaps someone can then try poking holes in it.

I don’t feel like grilling you for details or suggesting a hundreds things that might have gone wrong…

This unfortunately doesn’t work for me just doesn’t move what do ever. I’m using my own made character and player controller but checked it against the first person template and all the things match up doing my head in.

I’ll get pics up when I get a chance to get back on the computer again but I’ll send them when I can see if I can pick your brain on it if that’s ok appreciate your help

Hey i have basically followed the same steps as you have by sending a location via event to my custom player.

these are the errors i receive when attempting to run simple move in game however am not sure how to fix this.