Movie Render Queue: Missing indirect bounce lighting

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to Unreal Engine (UE5) and ran into a Movie Render Queue issue that I really want to understand.

When I render my interior scene using Movie Render Queue, the output looks completely different from my viewport. The direct sunlight hitting the floor is intact, but there is almost zero ambient or indirect bounce lighting on the walls and ceiling, making the entire room look crushed and dark.

A few important details about what is happening:

  1. When I first encountered this, I ran multiple test renders and toggled different settings on and off. At some point, the issue mysteriously resolved itself and the renders came out bright with full bounce lighting. However, after reopening the project 2 days later, the exact same issue returned on frame 1 without me having changed anything.

  2. If I render using the default/basic MRQ preset, the lighting renders normally with full indirect bounces. While I could just stick with the basic preset, I am currently learning UE5 and this inconsistency is really bugging me.I want to understand the actual root cause behind why this happens.

  3. Manual Exposure is used: I am using Manual Exposure on my Cine Camera Actor (not Auto Exposure), so exposure adaptation is not causing the shift. Also all the anti-aliasing setting are same in both Mrq preset basic and custom.

I have attached comparison screenshots (the bright render vs. the dark render, along with my MRQ settings).

Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated!