Summary
When creating a collection in the movie render graph, when I chose to create the collection by using the “actor” option(first in the list), then selecting an actor from the outliner; if I then apply a modifier to that collection, the modifier is just ignored. But if I select by “actor name”, then writing the actor name, the same modifier works
What Type of Bug are you experiencing?
Rendering (Graphics / Niagara)
Steps to Reproduce
Create level
Add an actor to the level
Create a level sequence
Create any animation where you want to render that actor
Proceed to render the level sequence using the quick render option
Create a movie render graph to render with
In the movie render graph, create a collection including an actor you want to hide for example using the option actor, then select your actor from the list
Create a modifier to hide the above collection
Render using this graph.
But if you choose to create the collection list by another of the other options ( I tried actor name, editor folder - both work as expected
Expected Result
The actors in that collection should not be rendered since the modifier hides them but they do render
Observed Result
The objects just render as though the collection was not taken into account
Affects Versions
5.8
Platform(s)
Windows