Movement bug our of nowhere

Ever since UE5 came out I have had nothing but issues with 4.27. Probably a coincidence, but frustrating AF. I’m in the middle of programming and suddenly my mouse refuses to right-click, forcing me to shut UE down and restart to get it to work again (mouse issue ONLY on UE)

NOW I have a bug that came out of nowhere and I can’t seem to be able to fix. I am working on a player HUD. Health bars, compass. All fine. No issues. As soon as I create a weapon mesh and box collision, my character movement is quarked. Keep in mind I am A: using the thirdpersoncharacter from 4.27 and B: have no messed with the movement programming whatsoever. I go to run forward and the character suddenly runs diagonally zig-zag backwards.

Like I said, I don’t know what broke so I can’t seem to fix it. It’s just been one issue after another with UE and frankly, I’m getting tired of it. Can anyone tell me wtf is going on and how to possible fix the issue?

Hey there @RLK_III! It may not be a coincidence! There’s been a couple of oddities upgrading 4.27 projects to 5.0 in various ways. That said it’s usually weird rendering or setting shifts, and not so much basic things like BP logic going off the rails.

That said, let’s take a look and see what could be going on! The image you showed is quite small and we really can’t get a good look at the BP. So I’d recommend using something like https://blueprintue.com/. You can copy and paste the entire BP directly into it and we’ll be able to walk through it. Also, you an image of the hierarchy and a description of what you had changed since the upgrade would help! If at all possible, visuals of the issue would also give some insight.

There’s not too many things that can entirely disable your mouse, so it’s likely a bug with the project after the upgrade, but let’s do some digging and see.

1 Like

Hi, I met the same problem as yours, and I solved it by setting the collision of weapon mesh to no collision in the weapon blueprint.