Movement Animset Pro - [Submitted]

please make some sword, dagger animations! I will buy them instantly! :wink:

I really like this, good job animating very realistic.

I know, I know. I got it, I’m working on it :slight_smile:

why its not in marketplace yet? i really cant wait to get it. great work man.

4: All of the start/stop animations have a lead in and lead out based on need for either left or right starts and stops.

What I like is all of the animations are left foot forward biased so if you want the timing to look correct then one will need to lag the animations a bit if in the middle of a right run cycle.

Blend spaces are awesomeness but needs to be clamped or wedged to force it to time properly using the current idle state.

Also a good thing.

The animations I bought comes with FBX source so one can wedge the animations to fit the timing.

In other words, to get the most of those animations, you will need to make a proper controller. Stuff like:

• detecting (with notifies) which foot is on the ground (or forward), so you can play the correct stopping animation or jumping animation
  • if it’s an action game, playing the animations with x1.1 or even x1.2 speed and cutting out the first 0.2s of walk/run/sneak beginnings to increase resposiveness
  • fine tuning the rotation of walk/run/sneak starts direction with code (for example adjusting WalkStart_135 to go precisely 144 degrees, followig the gamepad stick)
  • fine tuning the root motion jump distances by code
  • using IK on feet to stabilize them (when using root motion they are very stable, but code blending can break it)

etc. etc.

Or you can skip all this, and it will also look very good :smiley:

can these animations be used for my character or is it only for tpp characters?

If your character is using the same rig(skeleton) as the TPP character they will work.
If you use a similar rig you will probably be able to retarget these to make them work with yours.

That’s corect, however this animation set was not designed for FPP characters. In theory you can use it for FPP view, but you would want to use “meat hook” technique - you constrain the head to the camera, and the rest of the body follows, not the other way.

But generally those animations work best on tpp player, fpp npc and enemies, tpp npc and enemies, etc…

+1, I own the Animset Pro for Unity + Female Animset and they are the best animations I’ve seen in the entire asset store. also offers great support.

Would buy a melee pack as well. Preferably various types of melee weapons like: 2 handed blade, 2 handed blunt, 2 handed blunt heavy, 1 handed blade, 1 handed blunt, 1 handed blunt heavy, dual wield 1 handed blade, blunt, blunt heavy. Give them all a couple of attacks like swinging from each side, channeled into a second or more swings, piercing attack, overhead, some kind of bashing/pushing animation for weapons and shields. That should cover most needs. Then maybe a few unique ones if there is some weapon type that really doesn’t fit the other animations, spears maybe for example.

Thanks!

A huge part of my indie game will be melee (swords, warhammers, shields, spears), so I’m designing a fighting system. When finished, I’ll be putting all the animations on the store. The animations will be pretty much exactly like you wrote.

In the meantime, I’m not sure what UE4 is capable of if it comes to constructing animation controllers, but I made a little scheme that you could take some ideas from. It is helpful in Unity and CryEngine, but I’m not sure if Unreal can make a Blendspace within a Blendspace (UDK could - the whole anim system was based on that):

http://www.kubold.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ControllerExample1.jpg

fabee15a98379f294d2d6539c86b36b600766a87.jpeg

Awesome! looking forward to it.
I had a similar anim controller in mind, haven’t tried anything yet though.

Pack bought!

I mostly like it but there’s some noticable stuttering in some animations. Animations/Run is an obvious example of this - there’s a pretty big hitch every time the animation cycles, and this hitch shows ingame as well. Is this a result of spotty root motion support, or is something else going on?

I don’t need an immediate fix because I’m still in the prototyping phase and mostly bought the pack so I could have a recognizable death animation, but it’d be nice to know if a fix was forthcoming :slight_smile:

Chiming in for the melee combat animation pack, and also requesting a parkour pack in what I assume is your nearly infinite amount of spare time :V

Hi,

All the animations in Animations\ folder are EPIC’s Sample animations, not mine. I have NO IDEA, why Epic included them, because I sure didn’t. The animations from my pack are in *InPlace* and *RootMotion* folders, and they loop perfectly.

I’ve purchased this for unity, and the rifle and pistol pack, but the question I would like to ask, what is your license agreement on developers using for there games for non-commercial and commercial use?

My license is the same as Unity’s license and Unreal Marketplace license (depending where you bought it). But the key points of both licenses are:

1. You can make a commercial game with those animations
  2. You can only distribute those animations in form of a compiled game. You can not distribute them in raw form and you can not distribute them in not-compiled form.
  3. You can not give them away or re-sell them. License is for you and your team. So, you can not give them as a present to some other developer.

For futher details, read UE4’s or Unity’s store EULA.

Btw. I just tried retargeting to different skeletons in UE4. So I took Movement Animset Pro and retargeted the animations to Mixamo-like skeleton. It works ok, but you need to remember to “Recursively Set Translation Retargeting Skeleton” on upper legs and upper arms. Epic Template skeleton has crazy proportions - really narrow hips, really broad shoulders and thighs way longer than shins. So it’s important you preserve the original translation of joints from your own model.

https://www…com/watch?v=jbszyCUGLyM

I’d like to very strongly request strafe animations for crouch movement and run movement (like you have for walking). I know it’s not the most realistic type of animation but it’s used quite often in games. I know you have something like this already done in rifle animset pro but I’d much rather have a set that isn’t holding a rifle while moving.

Additionally, I’m nearly finished with my state machine setup of the movement animset pro animations (including transition animations) and I don’t mind sending it to you if it makes you want to add in those strafe anims :slight_smile: My state machine is about 35 states.

I’d certainly love to see what you have so far . Can you upload a video please?