Movable mesh not casting shadows from stationary light (Unreal 5.3.2 and 5.4 source)

Hi All

I have found an interesting issue that I cannot seem to solve regarding stationary directional light and a moveable static mesh (specifically a door) in a baked (GPU) lighting situation.

When I bake the light for my scene (with GPU lightmass), the lighting is predicatble great looking, but I have noticed that my moveable door does not block the light from the stationary directional light.

If I read the documentation correctly, a moveable static mesh should still cast a shadow and block the light from the stationary directional light, but this is not the case.
I have tried everything, even setting the cell size for the volumetic lightmap to 10cm from 200 and checked everything else I can think of.

Does anyone know if there is a second setting I might need to use in this scenario with 5.3.2 (or 5.4).

Note:
I have turned off lumen, enabled static lighting, set everything I can find without success.

On a side note, the GPU lightmapping is working perfectly otherwise with all other “static” static meshes in the scene, it is just the door that the light shines through as a wall behind it is “lit” when it should be in shadow with the door closed.

Hopefully someone has some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Just bumping this in the hope someone has experienced the same.

It is totally ruining my project not having the doors cast shadows from the stationary directional light so really hope there might be a fix and isn’t a bug.

As a side note, to make sure it wasn’t my door mesh, I created a large basic cube, set it to movable (so it could open like a door), and it doesn’t cast a shadow from the stationary directional light either.