Mouse over events not working with widgets on screen

Hi guys!

I am trying to use mouse over events to highlight objects in the game world when the mouse is hovering over them. It works well when I do not have a widget, but stops working as soon as I place a widget which covers the full screen.

As far as I know, there are events that can be overridden which can let through clicks if I return “Unhandled” as the event reply value from “OnMouseMove” for example. I have a widget implemented to detect when a user is trying to import content with drag and dropping and for that to work, I use a border and native ondrag events. I can click through this border normally by returning “Unhandled” as the value when not importing content, but it does not seem to work with Mouse over events, I could not find a way to let these pass through.

Any help would be appreciated on how to set it up properly, so that I can have a border and click through it or send mouse over events through it while also having the border set to “Visible”.

OMG I ran into the same exact problem and was excited to see this post, but disappointed there wasn’t an answer, especially when it was working before. However, After 3 excruciating hours… I found the problem. How into your widget blueprint and click on your root component in the hierarchy… not the canvas panel, but the main root which should be named the same as the blueprint itself. Set the visibility to "Not Hit - Testable (Self Only) MAke sure it’s self only.

1 Like