Motion Design (Avalanche) Opacity Mask Modifiers not working on Rundown

I have a test LowerThird with some elements that needed to “appear” from a side bar.

My setup is to have a Rectangle with MaskWrite Modifier, and the other elements ahave the MaskRead Modifier. All seems good in viewport, but in Rundown, the mask is not working.

Viewport:

Rundown:

Problem still exists in 5.4 release.

Try adding the Transparency Priority modifier to the parent null layer.

Finally someone here haha!

Thanks, but it did not worked:

The rundown still dont use the mask I set with the MaskWrite modifier on the BGMask object.

Tried =c

Which actors do you have the MaskRead modifier applied to? Also, are they all set to the same channel?

The text actors have the MaskRead modifier.

The BGMask (simple 2d obj) have the Mask Write.

All of them are in the same channel (1).

In the engine viewport works as expected, but in the Rundown the mask dont work.

Okay, I did some testing myself and for some reason the mask only seems to work when there’s a shape behind it as well as the transparent modifier thing on top of everything. All the Unreal Engine Motion Graphics stuff is really cool, and I’m super excited for the future, but man the lack of documentation and weird issues I’ve occurred has made the experience subpar, I’m sure you can relate haha.

Anyways, I’ve attached a video below showcasing my setup, as well as the potential bug (or maybe this is on purpose??).

Also note, Translucent Priority can go by either the distance to the camera (closer = on top), or the order in the outliner, (top > bottom). In my example, I’m using the order in the outliner.

Thanks! This worked for one object, but not for the both that I have:

This is tottaly unpredictable, so hard to make thing done! I am too very exited about all of this, but the workflow is just a little bad right now.

for me it works on the first letter of the text but not the rest

text in motion graphics is a fundamental basic minimum requirement… without this avalanche is useless

1 Like