Motion controllers not working in Virtual Scouting Mode

I followed the unreal documentation on how to use virtual scouting mode but the lasers on my motion controllers aren’t working so I can’t select anything. There is no laser line, just a red ball. I think the other buttons are working as they are meant to. I can’t select anything on the menu or objects. My controllers are working fine in VR preview. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m having similar issue. My controllers are useless in Editor VR Mode. Virtual Scouting doesn’t seem to integrate properly. Most of the tutorials are outdated. The editor menu changed so I don’t know to set the Interactor and Teleporter classes.

1 Like

I have the same situation with the editor menu as well. Let’s hope someone knows what to do :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I just found out Virtual Scouting is being sunset by XR Creative Framework. XR Creative Framework should be fully functional in 5.4. It’s not functional in 5.3.2.

This should fix the broken input in Editor VR Mode.

The ue5-main branch is already on 5.4 so hopefully it ships soon. Though the VR integration has changed in 5.4 so the plugins will have to be updated by the headset manufacturers.

1 Like

Same here - I cant even see the menu

• using VIVE wireless
  • using 5.3.2