Motion controller buttons not working

I’m using an Android phone as Daydream controller emulator in the editor. I have added a Motion Controller component to my pawn, and a child static mesh. This aspect of things seems to be working great - when I play in editor, the phone controller emulator comes online and the rotation of the phone maps perfectly to the static mesh.

However, I am trying to add functionality to the button mappings of the controller in the Event Graph of my pawn, and nothing seems to be working. I have some basic print string debug set up (see below image) but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything at all.

I am using the ‘left’ mappings since I have set the ‘Hand’ on the motion controller component to ‘Left’.

Am I missing a step somewhere? It seems strange that the phone rotation should be mapping correctly to the motion controller static mesh while the buttons mappings are not working.

You’re ahead of me. So far, all I’ve been able to do is to get the controller emulator to connect to UE4. I’ll see if I can catch up with you and maybe we can both get to the bottom of this.

I’m seeing the exact same behavior. The motion controller’s rotation is tracked perfectly, but the buttons are non-functional. I’ll do more digging.