Modular Rig - Missing Sockets

I’m trying to build a quadruped using the Modular Rig system and am getting a host of missing sockets.

The first notable one is, when I use the Animal Spine, there’s no socket for the tail.

Another missing socket is there’s no foot socket at the base of the hind leg module (it’s there for the regular leg module).

Is this a bug or am I missing something fundamental about using control rig?

[Attachment Removed]

Steps to Reproduce
The only relevant reproduction note is that this is happening in Unreal 5.8.1

[Attachment Removed]

You can add a socket by selecting the parent bone in the rig hierarchy, right clicking, and going to New Element -> Add Socket (Ctrl +K). That seems to have done the trick.

[Attachment Removed]

Hey there,

What you found above is the intended workflow. We can’t always ensure that people have adhered to the standard or that our module can always find the socket based on your hierarchy. This means if it doesn’t conform to/or match what the module is searching for, you’ll need to choose one in the module’s hierarchy details.

Dustin

[Attachment Removed]

Thank you so much Dustin. That makes complete sense, I’m still getting familiar with Modular Rig and what’s a bug vs what is intended workflow behavior.

[Attachment Removed]