Modular Cliffs

Hi there! I’m sorry for late reply - the new forums’ notifications seem to not work properly yet… Anyway, I think you already figured this out - you just need to close the project and open it again. It’s a weird glitch with all the terrain based projects.

At the moment the only way to try to do it would be through exporting them from Unreal. There is another version of this pack available on Cubebrush which includes some source fbx files of cliffs and rocks, but it’s currently not free. I am also planning to make a Unity version and publish it in the Asset Store, hopefully sometime early next year. Hope this helps…

Which engine version are you using? If it’s higher than 4.16 (I think), then you should search for “contact shadows” in the sun directional light settings and turn it on. Then you play around with the distance and you should be able to find a good setting quickly. It’s very easy to use.

I’m quite new to UE4, but I love your pack and I wanted to know if there is any way to create a terrain material for my own map, with the three different target layers that are present in your demonstration level.

thanks for sharing this great asset :slight_smile:

Hi, I just bought the package. when I opened the demo scene it turned out to be like this. without ground without sea surface. can anyone help me ??

Hi,
The reflective plane you’re seeing is a debug representation of the planar reflection. Try pressing “g” on your keyboard to go into game mode and it should disappear. Or if you just want to hide the plane, select it and press “h”.

Hi! Yes, it’s totally possible, you just need to apply this terrain material to your terrain and start painting. I think Unreal will ask you to create some layer descriptors when you will apply a layer for the first time, but it’s very straightforward, it guides you through it.

You are very welcome :wink:

Is the scene from the video included in the purchase?

If so, is it easy to modify the landscape in this scene?

Yes, the scene is included. And yes, it’s easy to modify the landscape. You would just re-sculpt the terrain in editor and re-apply landscape material layers according to your needs. Just basic landscape editor work.