Modifying a SoundWave transformation does not update its duration unless it is played and cooks incorrectly

We found that SoundWave’s were being trimmed after reimporting if their previous duration was shorter than the new. In order to fix that, we reset the trim EndTime from the TrimFade transformation. However, just changing this, does not update the Duration of the SoundWave and it is still saved with the old duration. If you play the sound in the Editor, the duration updates, and the sound plays correctly in the editor. However, if the asset was saved with the old duration, it seems to be used during cook, resulting in sounds cutting too early in cooked builds. The expected behavior is that the any property of the asset that affects the cooked result, like the Duration in this case, is correct before the asset is cooked, even if the sound is not played in the editor.

[Attachment Removed]

Steps to Reproduce
Enable the Waveform Editor plugin. Import any sound wave. Check that the Duration property matches the range of the trim transformation. Modify the EndTime of the trim transformation. You should see that the Duration property stays the same. Play the sound. You should see that now the Duration property updates to match the transformation.

[Attachment Removed]

Thank you for reporting this. We have assigned this to an engineer to investigate. Can I ask, have you tested this on 5.8?

[Attachment Removed]

I tested on 5.8.0 and 5.8.2 and it seemed to have the same issue.

[Attachment Removed]

Hi Angel. I just wanted to check back in to let you know we are still working on this issue. We can repro it, have logged it internally and assigned an engineer, but I don’t have a firm date yet for a fix. I will update you as soon as I have any useful information to share.

[Attachment Removed]