MO-RPG Kit

Okay so you don’t do refunds then in that case?

If so I’ll be skipping this release for the time being until there is some better feedback.

I said in previous post why I decline de refund. Anyway, I suggest you wait for release; because before the release version, there will be bugs, too :slight_smile: I released pre-release version for finding bugs fast. So that I discount %50 discount on pre-order and %25 discount for pre-release version.

I tried to open the project but get- Missing RPGKit Modules, The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-RPGKit.dylib
UE4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dylib

Would you like to rebuild them now?

Then on trying to rebuild I get, Error, RPGKit could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

I am using Unreal 4.7.3 on Mac, What are you using?

I’m using UE 4.7.3 source build at Windows. Could you copy to me your compile error code when compile from VS project?

I purchased this and the process is not smooth. That is fine. Also this is an entire project that does work and is exactly what XAfgun has supplied with pics and vids. Although I am not fully testing this in a 200-250+ player environment because I am simply not ready for that. There are a couple of changes that WILL have to happen to make this a flexible platform…since this is NOT a MMO platform. This is more like an Aurora or Electron engine adaptation to UE4 than a LoTRO/SWTOR/WoW/AoC…etc.etc.

One thing that will have to change is SQL. SQL is slow and there are better/faster options now. Two excellent examples are iBoxDB and Easy Save 2 (Unity for now). These are text based databases (with encryption options) that port well to php and hosting services to easily make central database(s) that smaller MO games can all connect to share data resources. 1,000 200 player servers have MUCH better performance than 1 200,000 player server with much less complexity. Besides…having 200 players in once area at the same time adds a host of other performance issues to concern the designer with…heavy optimization. MMOs are smoke and mirrors with the ‘Belief’ that they are hosting 200,000 players simultaneously. may be connected but most are in their own grouping instances or spread out in zones.

I think we are still up for grabs if UE4 can handle 200-250 player connections…another topic of conversation.

As for this product…it is all in blueprint and at the very least it is a great learning tool that may be used to add to or change how you are building your game. In the Unity Asset Store to get what you are getting here…let’s use ORK Framework ($100) and ootii’s tools ($125)…then let’s add some inventory like Inventory Plus ($15). Now with these you get a little more but roughly about the same and they have to be integrated to work together for $240.

I have no relation with the author and do not condone how this forum thread has turned into an abyss of innuendo. I take this package as what it is…and at this point I could care less if it is even updated. This is no ‘Magic Pill of Everything is Awesome Button’. There are a horde or time savers in here…and with that I am back to work.

Cheers

I can confirm the Kit works.

Have not tried the Server side yet.

In desperate need of some documentation but looks good so far. One note, you may need Visual Studio to re-compile if using 4.7.3. At least that was my experience, after that, all good. Another note, while XAfgun has not necessarily fixed my issues, he has answered all my contacts swiftly and is attempting to help. The language barrier may be an issue here, not sure, but he has always been quick to respond and seems to genuinely want to help fix any issues.

I will you keep all updated.

Side note, I am not in need of the server side options so may not fully test this aspect.

Update. Most thing seem to work fine on PC, but if you are using a MAC you may want to wait. When I try to open the project on Mac I get-

The messages I get when I try to open project on MAC-

Missing RPGKit Modules

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-RPGKit.dylib
UE4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dylib

Would you like to rebuild them now?

This is what i get when I hit yes.

Error

RPGKit could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

There are some build messages but they disappear before I can read or copy/paste them.

The question is, what would be the the differences in the Mac build that does not open from the Pc build that does as I am using the same 4.7.3 on each.

Since these 2 files UE4Editor-RPGKit.dylib, UE4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dylib are the ones that seem to have an issue this would be a good starting place.

I am still very new to Unreal and do not understand the fundamental differences between The engines Pc and Mac build. This may also be simply because XAfgun does not own a Mac and could not test on the platform and there may be a simple fix.

I work on both Pc and Mac and prefer to have the ability to open and work on my projects on either. If anyone knows if this is a limitation on the engine side or simply compiling for Mac please share your thoughts. TY.

If anyone has MAC pc, could help? I don’t have MAC so I don’t know how to compile project on MAC :cry:

Mail from PayPal :

Since I lost the dispute, and I paid for it, will you still be sending me updates to the morpg-kit?

retired are you working on Pc or Mac?
Important Note : I don’t have MAC so I don’t know how to compile project on MAC.

I have started to develop MO-RPG Kit

I use only blueprint for this kit.
Compatible with UE 4.7.3

This Kit will be included :

No third-party solution without 1 plugin of Unreal which is free to use… ✓
Login System ✓
Player Creation and Selection ✓
Teleport System ✓
Shopping ✓
Advanced Item System (%50)
Advanced Spell System (%75)
Advanced Effect System ✓
Advanced Character System ✓
Inventory, Equipment and Looting System ✓
NPC and Mob System(✓) with AIs
Combat Logs ✓
Chat System
UMG User Interface ✓
Simple Localization (Developed by Me) ✓
Working with MYSQL Database ✓
Everything is controlling by Server ✓

After Finish thats I will add :
Launcher and Updater
Social System(Add Friend etc.)
Party and Guild System
Advanced Quest System
Advanced craft and profession system(Crafting and Gathering)
Map and MiniMap System
Maybe Basic Building System(House and Environment)
Upgrade and Open Slot and Add Stone to Items

Remember, he made it clear that this is pr-release for the purpose of finding bugs, so, keep him informed and give him time.

I am on PC.

I don’t know, I’m thinking about it because some people think wrong about me and maybe won’t buy this kit. I’m really don’t know… Anyway we will see at release version …

I resolved most of reported bugs now. When you find, say me pls. I’m waiting for bugs. Because I m human,too and I could do mistake(s).

I m working on physics on dedicated server build but couldn’t resolve yet. Physics on dedicated server is enabled but mobs are walking on air. :frowning:

How are you handling content/bug fix updates at the moment since we cannot update through marketplace yet?

You could tell me in skype or with mail.

No matter what happened with PayPal … He still paid for the kit and as such is entitled to updates. What happened was unfortunate, PayPal has ruled in your favour but this does not absolve you from continuing to supply a paying customer with what he paid for.

I don’t want this to get ugly and I am not taking sides, but I strongly urge you to continue providing a paying customer with a product.

That is just my take on the matter. Good luck to all involved.

Problem is not PayPal. And if he give more wrong information to community about kit and me, how can I sell my kit if people believe info which is wrong? Will I explain all thing to community at all events? And broke the license terms and conditions. KIT is put to pirate program site :slight_smile: Anyway, there is no problem for me :slight_smile: I know downloader ,on this pirate site, will buy this kit ^^

For Example : If there are no wrong info about kit and me; maybe he has bought this kit … Am I false?

I owned a business many years ago, I sold over 20,000 orders using eBay and Paypal. The way I handled it was “the customer is always right” though sometimes I did not agree, the level of retaliation from an angry customer was just not worth the money. It help me maintain a clean slate over my 5+ year business. To be honest I’d be willing to erase all my post still if you choose to honor the refund, that is still on the table. If not, which I can understand is your choice, I’d still like to get updates.