MMO Starter Kit

The sense in strong in you Clifford :slight_smile:
Sorry, couldnā€™t resist.

As already mentioned, the wiki is an awesome learning resource.
Also on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZlv_N0_O1gbYMYfhhdzfW1tUV4jU0YxH

I donā€™t know if the following links are allowed, but iā€™ll give it a try :slight_smile:

If youā€™re willing to spend some cash, this is also a nice one - Hourences.com ā€“ Videos ā€“ Index
And digital tutors also have some nice tutorials.
And if youā€™re interested in learning C++ development on UE4 this can be very helpful - Search | Packt Subscription

As a first resource the tutorials i would advise to do the wiki tutorials first and check out the forums - https://forums.unrealengine.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Community-Content-Tools-and-Tutorials . There are some very nice tutorials here and some some free projects with source you can check out.

Thank you Captain O.

I would whip out my light saber and salute you, but the batteries are deadā€¦ :frowning: I canā€™t use the A wing as it is out of fuel, so I canā€™t swing by and shake your handā€¦

Until next time.

Respectfully,
Cliff

@

I tried adding a spell, following the documentation, and I had noticed in the blueprints a buffhealth blue print that didnā€™t have skill tied to it. I did all the edits, but when I login it doesnā€™t show up.

How does this handle world space? Is it just a single map, does it support transitioning from one place to the next with, or without load screens? Does it support instancing, both world space and dungeons?

Hi,

To make an ability show up in the abilities window (opened by P key), you have to add it to Abilities Window blueprint. Check out how the two demo abilities are done there in the Designer tab and Event Construct and do the same for your new ability.

If it doesnā€™t work, I think itā€™s because itā€™s an actor and youā€™re not attaching it on the server/itā€™s not set to be replicated. If youā€™re doing this to attach a weapon you donā€™t need the weapon to be a separate actor - it could be a component and then you could attach it on the client.

implement travel between zones,use ā€œopenlevelā€ ,Fall in the air
Can give a youtube tutorial?

So the answer is already givenā€¦

Can u do a tutorial for sql database ? i wanna do my frist mmorpg in unreal but i donā€™t know how create this.

This actually is explained on the documentation page, if you want tutorials on MySql, how to use and build it i would suggest this site - http://www.mysqltutorial.org/

You donā€™t even really have to know MySql in depth, if you know how to import the database structure into the database you use and how to upload the PHP scripts to your server thereā€™s nothing else to it.

Above this, i really would suggest to all people that want to use this kit to first get familiar with the absolute basic stuff you really need to know if you want to develop a game and especially a MMO on the Unreal Engine or whatever engine you want to use for it.
This isnā€™t a click and build toolbox where everything is done for you automagically with one push on a button and at least some programming experience ( especially blueprints if you want to adapt some of the blueprints to your own specific needs, and you will ) is needed because this kit sets up the basic needs to build you own MMO upon and the rest is up to you.

This is a very solid base and flexible enough to totally tailor it to your needs. And is extremely helpful and friendly in his support but i really would suggest to do some research yourself, like the link i just gave here was 2 seconds of work and i donā€™t think itā€™s up to to make ( video ) tutorials for the most basic stuff you can find out easily for yourself. You donā€™t have to be a PHP / MySql expert to set up the database.

And even though i believe actually is prepared to hold everybodyā€™s hand and lead you personally through the whole process this is impossible for him to do.

Good luck.

Nicely said Capt. O

AS I have said a number of times in this thread, I have NO art exp. and no programming exp. Just a guy with a dream. I have posted what I have been able to do with the kit here also in the thread. But, it has taken me months of head work to get where I am at. Now that I have done it, and taken notes on what I have done to get here, I can recreate ALL of the mods I have done (With help) in about 4 hours.

I went back and looked at skype chat that I have had with ā€¦ when I cut and paste them all into a word doc, word says there are 22 pages of chat that I have had with . (Thank you CS.) I have considered asking CS for his email addy tied to paypal because of all the help he has given me to send him some extra money.

With that being said, it has not been ā€œAsk CS to hold my handā€ have him build my Dreamā€¦ I have had to work out everything I have done. Please see this postfor example of help.
I have never found an ā€œIssueā€ with this kit, they have all been of my making, or lack of knowledge.
IN closing: Put some work into your dream. And watch it blossom. Leave it for others to do and watch it wither.

IMHO:

T.

I too am interested in these questions.

HI Sean.

I think if you go back a couple pages in this thread, you see some talk about world space. I THINK that you can have multiple maps and that you can walk from one to another with out load screens. Like I saidā€¦ a couple pages back it was talked about but, I didnā€™t understand some of it.

It is possible that we might see that feature in 4.11 releaseā€¦ but, CS was still working on it. I donā€™t believe we have seen what is coming in the 4.11 release yet. <shrug>

You will find that info in the help docā€¦ under : Adding your own persistent stats:

If you need the link to the doc, it is here:

Hope it helps yskwork.

1. You can add a Delete button to your Character UI and pass that character into a DeletedCharacters list for a given UserAccount, then just after you do your ā€˜database get charactersā€™ response, before the characters are added to the character selection UI, you can just filter out any that are in the DeletedList. This isnā€™t really a feature you need to wait for in the kit, you can add it yourself by studying the PlayerState eventgraph ā€¦ but youā€™d have to learn to add a database entry to hold deletedcharacters as a comma separated string. But the docs do show you how to add custom entries on the database. A step up from that would be deleting/cancelling entire user accounts (and recovering them). Personally Iā€™d rather have that done for me than actual features of gameplay.

Most of the the things on that list are better for designers to create on their own as they offer too many points of difference from project to project. For instance I do not intend to use the NPCs or Abilities of the MMOKit at all. It would be better to bolt on some transaction management tools, user management (like sending emails to remind users about their credentials).

@yskwork
Please stop spamming this thread. You have lots of problems with your code, so either create own topic in subforum like blueprints, and ask for author support there, or take this all spam into private messages. Or condense all questions into single post and wait few days for answer. Do not post every few hours. Also communicate better than just copy pasting crash logs.

I am deleting all your posts that have no real quality to it.

1,Static map coordinates,how added to the ā€˜charactersā€™ tableļ¼Ÿ
2,attach weapon on the client,In which blueprint settings?

please, anyone can tell me how can i add cooldown system on this :3

I am looking at getting this kit. I am curious on what method you are using to handle interest management? I apologize if this has been asked. I did a search and got no relevant results.

Goal: To be able to modify the screens from Login Main Menu to Game.
To be able to move from Main Menu to Character Selection(mine) to Game Map(Desert Rally).
And to move from Char select choose enter game or char create screen.

Things tried:
Read MMO Starter Kit Documentation 1.4
Concentrating on Using your own map , Using your own map , Orienting in blueprints , FAQ .
Reread the whole thread on the kit: MMO Starter Kit
Poked thru all the Bpā€™s a few times both in design and Graph viewā€¦ using docs, focusā€™d on Orienting in blueprints, really looked at MMOplayercontroller. Paid attention in looking in each blueprint for tabs even to look thru.

Can anyone point me to where to start looking. If it is someplace I have listed, please be specific as I will have missed it.

What do you mean ā€¦ ā€œhandle interest managementā€ ?

Sorry if I am being retarded