MMO Starter Kit

Released a free plugin today on the marketplace: TCP Socket Plugin in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
I’ll be integrating it with the MMOKit soon. It should make communication with the chat server easier, since it won’t require any C++ anymore.
I also want to get rid of C++ data assets, since now UE4 allows to make them in blueprints.
I intend to make the entire project a pure blueprints project.
Also a couple of fixes in the chat server are to be expected.
And a few bugfixes in the kit, which were recently reported. E.g., you can kill friendly NPCs if you switch from a hostile target to a friendly target mid-fight :smiley:

Excuse me, I can’t reset the password of my Selly website and prompt error Captcha malformed. What should I do?

Im stuck on something wondering if anyone else can help me. When I use “Open Level” it crashes the editor BUT when I use “Open Level” with a “trigger box” it works flawlessly. I want to be able to save and load into levels and ive pretty much incorporated it completely besides being able to actually load into the level I want. The things I tried are making a loading level with a “delay” upon “event begin” and it crashes, making it load the level before going into the world and again crashes…

I have a feeling it has to do with “open level”. Is there another way to do it?

Ps I already have the SQL database saving current map I just cant load into those maps because of the crashing.

after rereading the documentation I got this working. Made a mistake in the log window

i started using the mmokit 1.6 with ue4.21, i run the server components on a win 2016 server behind a ubuntu 16 firewall. i have had issue from day one just using the basic kit with no mods stalling the chat. i recently switched to the newest 1.7 on ue4.22. same results. i tried moving the server onto a public ip with no firewall what so ever to ensure it wasnt the firewall. still stalls. i tried running the chat server on a win10 copy to ensure it wasnt the os. still same story. it connects and works great for about 5 mins. the server log shows the client connecting in the chat log. but when the client stops responding the server log shows nothing. if a client logs out while the chat is working the log shows it. but after the client stops the log does not show the client log out. as if the client stopped talking to the server. if you log out and log back in the server sees the login. and it works for fine till you stop chatting for about 4-5 minutes.

Hi, I was wondering why this is not being sold in the Epic’s store?

So first, I have to say I love the kit. It’s been great to tinker with and fun to experiment with friends. :slight_smile:

The problem I am currently having is with deploying a new version with the launcher. I’ve been able to successfully test deploying a small project over and over. However, when I go to test an actual project that is many gbs, I am receiving this message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in public_html/launcher/index.php on line 21

Is this because of my server, or does this have to do with the launcher? If anyone has any steps or solutions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Actually I’m having another issue as well.

When I go to create a test patch where all I do is tweak a material in an existing map, it doesn’t actually update the file with the patcher. The launcher acts like there are files that it is updating, but when the exe launches it is the same old version. Thoughts/advice anyone? Thanks!

Edit: To give more information, if I package the project with a .pak the launcher sees the file differences but fails to update them in the pack. (It just re-downloads the entire pak) If I package without the pak the launcher works flawlessly, but then the entire project is available to anyone we deploy to. Obviously we don’t want that.

Is there a setting that I am missing, or is there an additional thing that I can do to make the launcher replace files within the pak without having to re-download the entire pak?

good day. i was wondering if anyone was having issue compiling the mmokit 1.17 CleantThirdPerson.sln? i setup vs, ureal 4.22 source and built the ue4.sln and the CleanThirdPerson.sln perfectly, but my partner cannot get the CleanThirdPerson.sln to compile. we went thru every step along the way from the vs to the mmokit and compared all of his to mine. still he gets errors from every item attemping to build in the CleanThirdPerson.sln. a very large amount of varest errors. very strange we have removed vs and the github app and cleaned build and folders and followed all the details 3 times over. still no joy.

prob a varest issues?try get the latest version of varest and rebuild

KhxiSaki thanks for your suggestion. Eventually we were able to get my partners system rebuilt and working. there was no single magic bullet. I remoted into his system and uninstalled all the required components. ie. vs, sdk’s, unreal source, etc. cleaned all the folders and even ran the registry clean for vs. after that i reinstalled it all and Viola! thanks for your time.

how to get, connect to servers ,clients Number

is there a way to combine mmokit quest with dialouge plugin u created

Hello! Please tell me how you coped with the task of choosing a character

Hello to all!

Once again I want to raise the question of changing the character choice in the game (model of a man or a woman).

I want to understand how this system works. In picture 2 (class selection widget), how does the MySQL database work?

There is for example a ModularPlayerCharacter, I recreated the change of the skeleton grid, animation and material. Everything works well, but I cannot understand how it interacts with the base, for example, I choose a man and a model of a man appears in my game, if I create a woman, then I should have a model of a woman.

I’m wondering where to find the ModularPlayerCharacter relationship with the MySQL database?

UE4.22 no use OnlineSubsystemSteam , how to get Steam player AccountName

i would like to hear from anyone who has been using the chat within the starter kit successfully. we have been building our game for just over 6 months and have come quite a ways but still cannot get a stable chat running. it tends to stall out the client after 5 mins or so of idle time. this has not worked correctly for us from day 1. we are currently on the latest version of the kit. any help would be appreciated.

HI bud. what does hostname.ini file located in AdditionalTools\Chat have in it ?

Tarly,

i sent you a pm

I see that. but, it is really late and Simply don’t see how to reply. But, the reply should be here anyway. You have machine is being hosted and you are using a child domain. x.x.x.com instead of x.com. I would convert it to IP. x.x.x.x (IP v4) I have not tested to see if the kit runs under IP v6 schema of IPs. my setup is Database hosted on GoDaddy and game server on a machine in my home, under a dynamic IP So I use no.ip. My host name file shows www.jfkgames.com/(php location info.)/
my mmoinstance in Content/MMO/Blueprints/GameModes/) shows the same domain. But, my mmogetserver.php had the IP. Not the domain name,

One of the files for the kit didn’t work with FQDN (x.com) so I had to change it to the IP where the game server is. So, I could not use the ip IP FQDN.
Can you host on a non-nested domain and try it ? So, instead of x.x.x.Com you have a x.com?

Or, call the provider and see if they time out a idle connection after the 4-5 minutes of non-use ?

Goodluck.

We have 3 separate server arrangements. that particular one uses a host x.x.x.com nested domain. our test server which we control 100% uses x.com and we have an internal one all ip based. all 3 of them do the exact same thing. =/