Version 1.1.0 has been submitted, it introduces the new feature “Generate Root Motion Animations” that allows to create a standard UE4 root motion animation from a Mixamo animation. To use this feature, you must import both the “normal” Mixamo animation and its “in-place” version. [HR][/HR][UPDATE 2017-05-25]
The plugin is officially available on the Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…on-retargeting [HR][/HR][UPDATE 2017-04-27]
The plugin is officially available on Gumroad: https://gum.co/ue4-mixamo ! From there you can buy the plugin and have access to the source code and pre-build binaries (so no need to play with Visual Studio). Gumroad will be supported at the same level as the Epic Marketplace.
As soon as Epic will complete its review, the plugin will be available on the Marketplace too. As Epic and Gumroad are different legal entities, be aware that purchases are not transferable. [HR][/HR]
we just submitted “Mixamo Animation Retargeting”, an editor plugin for precise and automated retargeting of skeletons, skeletal meshes and animations created with and exported from Mixamo tools (Auto-Rigger, 3D Characters, 3D Animations).
Mixamo Animation Retargeting is an editor plugin that helps integrating Mixamo assets (exported from Auto-Rigger, 3D Characters, 3D Animations) into Unreal Engine 4.
In addition to the base setups required by the Retarget Manager, the plugin implements some advanced functionalities to obtain a perfect retargeting and optimal integration into Unreal Engine 4:
- the Retarget Base Pose is computed analytically, to obtain an exact and perfect match of the skeletal meshes used during animation retargeting;
- a Root bone is added to the Mixamo skeleton (and all related skeletal meshes), allowing the use of Root Motion for animations (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest…on/RootMotion/).
To run the tool:
- ensure that the Unreal Engine 4 mannequin skeleton in your project has the “Humanoid” rig set.
- select a Mixamo skeleton asset and execute the “Retarget Mixamo Skeleton Asset” contextual action.
The tool also supports batch processing.
Note: *This product is not made by, or affiliated with, Mixamo or Adobe Systems in any way. *
- Editor plugin.
- No third party code.
- Automatic setup of Translation Retargeting options.
- Automatic setup of Rig mapping.
- Analytical computation of the exact Retarget Base Pose. Some bones preserve the original component space orientation due differences between Mixamo and Epic reference poses: “Head”, “LeftToeBase”, “RightToeBase”.
- Addition of the Root bone to enable Root Motion animations.
- End results can be hand-tuned if needed.
- Animation Retargeting is done with the standard editor pipeline (Retarget Anim Assets > Duplicate Anim Assets and Retarget).
Intended Platforms: Windows, Mac.
Platforms Tested: Windows, Mac.